Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Wife on Bike – In her wedding dress
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Just finishing the honeymoon, have been doing a trash the dress type of thing. This was not an easy shot to take, the dam dress everytime she set of within metres jammed itself in the chain guide, brake calipers, cranks etc adn would bring the biket o a halt. So spend 5 minutes trying to tuck it all in and she managed to get around the berm then it all got jammed again.

Have pics of her skiing, climbing and doing the tomantina tomato fight as well.

Just thought I would share.

grantway
    Free Member

Was going to say cool But as she does the rest in it, I would say its a Fetish thing 😉

emac65
    Free Member

Whatever floats your boat….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Awesome

vdubber67
    Free Member

Get that framed for over the fireplace – that's class!

Surfr
    Free Member

Can't say that I have heard of deliberately trying to trash the dress before but the photo is ace. Can we see the others?

marionheck
    Free Member

the tomato fight after she had had hundreds of people throw buckets at her

and then the dress was trashed so a fitting finnish

marionheck
    Free Member

maybe slightly fettish……… 😉

nuke

Brilliant.

goog
    Free Member

8)

cynic-al
    Free Member

the tomato fight after she had had hundreds of people throw buckets at her

Is this pricey to arrange ❓

marionheck
    Free Member

No it was free! Just go next year. She did get hosed down as well, but i thought that most people on here would jump on that word and it's alter meaning. filthy minds

peteimpreza

Excellent 8)

Gary_M
    Free Member

have been doing a trash the dress type of thing.

Was it a very cheap dress then or do you just like to waste money for no apparent reason. Honestly what a waste.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hosed down

snigger

I will get my coat

anokdale
    Free Member

Great photos, think the bike one is superb.

marionheck
    Free Member

Gary – it was a very expensive dress. Just out of interest, how is it a waste? Will she ever wear it again….. NO. so to have a load of amazing pictures and memories from it I beleive is a far better way to get value out of the dress than let it hang up in the wardrobe for the rest of our lives like 90% of the dresses out there.

smartay

Just dont get it or my wife!!
    what this supposed to symbolise, obviously no shortage of money in this household.

19 years married on the 1st of Sept, dress still like the last time it was worn, confetti still caught in some of the front detailing, oh and the last time it was worn 19 years ago. Next time possibley daughters wedding!!

Sentimental or traditional types.

Kuco

Nice pics. Don't get the hoarding thing myself that people seem to do with them, your wife got more use out of it than most wedding dresses.

Smee
    Free Member

I think it is a fantastic idea and they are great pictures.

Certainly not a waste of money either.

miketually
    Free Member

Sticking the dress in a wardrobe is far more of a waste than doing this.

convert

Can't see the point of hanging up a dress in a wardrobe – chances are that in 5-10yrs you will have changed shape (in a bad way) too much to put it back on – and why would you want to in any case?

These photos seem to give a snap shot of the sort of woman your wife was at the time of the wedding at the beginning of your marriage – can't think of a better way to see it worn. The concept of "trashing" it just for the sake of it is a bit extreme for me, although if it got trashed in the course of "action" that seems fair enough.

Is the last shot (on the rubbish pile) ready for your divorce? 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Money- and 'eco'-wise, it's best to either hire or buy used and then sell on.

If you're not doing that, doing something like this makes far more sense than sticking it in the wardrobe, where it's just taking up space.

woodsman
    Free Member

Hmm – following the sequence of pic's to the end, I don't quite know what to make of that. It's quite disturbing in a way, I'm sure the psychologist types would have a field day interpreting that. Sorry, that's not meant to sound offensive.

Congratulatons, wishing you a great and wonderful marraige.

Pete

rOcKeTdOg

wedding dress on a rubbish pile, now THAT is symbolism, i'm about to post off the forms for my decree nisi 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Trash the dress thing has been around a while and I think it's a boss idea

I do some wedding photography and have been trying to get some of my clients to trash the dress but they're just not into it and would prefer to get it cleaned and hang it in the wardrobe for ever. 🙁

Good on you two for trashing and recording it so nicely. A few more tomatoes wouldn't have gone a miss though.

I'd also suggest putting it on the landing ramp and errrm, landing on it on that nice bike. 🙂

Smee
    Free Member

Another way of interpreting that could be that arranging the wedding, and getting the dress etc was a bit of a PITA and you're glad to see the back of it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I beleive is a far better way to get value out of the dress than let it hang up in the wardrobe for the rest of our lives like 90% of the dresses out there.

I didn't suggest hanging it up in the wardrobe but giving it to a charity shop would have been a better idea. Says a lot about our consumer driven society I suppose.

anokdale
    Free Member

Your money, Your wedding, Your honeymoon, your photos and your memories, thanks for sharing them, Good Luck

Some miserable sods about ignore them.

(22 yrs married for us on the 4th)

Gary_M
    Free Member

anokdale why does it make me a 'miserable sod' because I hate to see something that has used a lot of resources being wasted? Just because my opinion differs from yours doesn't mean I'm miserable.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How odd.

convert

Gary – you could take that argument to the extreme and say – "what is the point of a wedding dress?".

Gary_M
    Free Member

convert well you could take anything to the extreme but that's not really the concept of reduce, reuse, recycle is it.

convert

RRR & wedding dresses don't really go, no. They are a weird illogical concept so far removed from how most of us buy and use clothes that some reason this, to me is kind of cool! It's a one off in our lives (we hope!) and as such being decedant is OK by me!

anokdale
    Free Member

That wedding dress is ready for recycling now, whats the problem

marionheck
    Free Member

I am afraid i am completely with COnvert here. There is nothing in a wedding that includes RRR! As it is an extravigant once in a lifetime affair.

littleorangechunks
    Free Member

I agree wih Gary M. I put my dress in the council wedding dress white recycling box, where it can be properly trashed and remade into lots of little bridesmaids frocks. Seems a waste to just leave it in the loft like most people do 😉

marionheck
    Free Member

Littleorangechunks – the problem my wife would have is do the council have a recycling box labelled – whiteish, cover in bike grease, chalk and tomatoes!!!! 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I recall there is a good market for second hand dresses, for people who haven't the money to throw away.

Still it's your money blah blah blah, still think it's very odd.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Thats amuzing…..

I'm surprised you didn't keep it to wear yourself….

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Wife on Bike – In her wedding dress’ is closed to new replies.