Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wideopen Magazine
  • pjt201
    Free Member

Not sure if any of you already know about this, but it’s a decent free online mtb magazine that’s normally worth a read. they had a new issue out a couple of weeks ago which is quite interesting (mainly if you like reading about a trip to portugal from multiple perspectives! think winter must be a slow season for them)

http://wideopenmag.co.uk/magazine/issue-17

wors

Yep i read it, i like it. Plus those Portugal atricles gave some ideas for when I go to portugal this year on the family hol!

LsD
    Free Member

Mehh…….not what I was expecting, it’s just about bikes. 😡

nealy
    Free Member

Where you hoping for something more goatse?

LoCo
    Free Member

Dsp Racing Dueler on test with them P131 of that issue 😀

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve always taken a look at it despite the fact that most of the riding they show is way out of my league. Still, the photos are great and the reviews are usually worth a look.

pjt201
    Free Member

LsD – Member
    Mehh…….not what I was expecting, it’s just about bikes

I think that’s the point. In fact I’m struggling to think what wide open in relation to cycling might actually mean.

jimification
    Free Member

Mehh…….not what I was expecting, it’s just about bikes.

Indeed…dissapointed to not see top shelf art pamphlett.

I presume the title refers to a throttle being wide open, thus implying machinery operating at maximum (a metaphorical throttle on a bicycle, of course).

I still reckon asking an elderly relative for a subscription to “Wide open” magazine is guarranteed to be met with a raised eyebrow and a coughing fit…

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

spaces

wideopenmag
    Free Member

As a point of clarity. We actually used to run an online dentistry magazine but grew weary and passionless with the industry … When we discovered mountain bikes we worked out that we could really just change a few words and the copy carried over directly. “I love teeth bikes” etc. It seemed easier just to keep the name than rebrand.

thanks for posting this up by the way pjt201 – much appreciated! We’re no singletrack but we do our best 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

I really like the mag, particularly the interactive content (links to videos, product sites etc). More of this please. It must be the future of magazines and a lot of mags could learn from yours.
    Lots of ads but it’s free so I can live with that. Keep it up mate!

jimification
    Free Member

I really like the mag, particularly the interactive content (links to videos, product sites etc). More of this please. It must be the future of magazines and a lot of mags could learn from yours.
    Lots of ads but it’s free so I can live with that. Keep it up mate!

Yup, please don’t mind the standard singletrack jockularity at everything. Very nice mag and good luck with it! Love the photography 🙂

wideopenmag
    Free Member

Well – that’s very nice of you to say – very kind!

I told them they were wrong about what they said about the STW forum 😉

but yeah – cheers guys – keep reading please (alongside ST of course!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wideopen Magazine’ is closed to new replies.