Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Wide Bars (funn full on 750mm)
  • Amos
    Free Member

Anybody running wide bars for general trail riding? I must admit I do like the look of them but are they worth the tree clipping potential? I'm currently running lo rise EA70's and am considering some Funn full on 750 wide, should I bother……

mark_b
    Free Member

I like mine for all kinds of riding. But then i am fairly broad in the shoulders.

Having watched the Dirt video where they measured the pro downhillers bars i now realise 750mm is narrow 🙂

wl
    Free Member

Yes. Ride them a few times because it takes a while to get used to them. Cut them down gradually if they're really too long. I'll hazard a guess you'll leave them longer than your current bars.

grumm
    Free Member

I like em but I have pretty broad shoulders. Confidence inspiring for going fast.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Is 710mm no longer wide then? 🙄

grumm
    Free Member

Get with teh programme grandad

Amos
    Free Member

Right that's sold it for me, now are there any other decent wide bars that use a 25.4 clamp? Realise the stresses maybe a little high so I may have to go OS. Recommendations on 25.4's though please?

GaryLake
    Free Member

Get with teh programme grandad

750mm or go home is it? 😆

alexxx
    Free Member

standard.. not that i know

raceface atlas
    or blackspire do 800mm now!

Amos
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmm 800mm mmmmmmmmmmm

MARTINJ
    Free Member

I like them, I feel much more stable. Tight trails can sometimes be a bit close for comfort, but you get used to them, I wouldn't go back. It all depends on the width of you shoulders and personal preference if you need 750mm.

BigDummy
    Free Member

As a result of being drunk in charge of eBay, I acquired a set of 785mm RaceFaces and some 800mm Blacspires in the same week. I couldn't take the Blackspires seriously, they were twice as wide as me. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

If you've not broken the 1 metre barrier the cool kids will laugh at you.

FWIW, I hate wide bars despite having wide shoulders…

Amos
    Free Member

BD wanna sell me the blackspires mate?

jimmyshand
    Free Member

I have broad shoulders and run 560mm bars. Wide enough for me, but I am brave enough without needing to resort to bravery bars.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Amos – I've given them to a mate I'm afraid.

kiwijohn

I got some. Cut an inch off each end after a week after taking a big chunk out of my little finger. Too many trees around here.
    700mm is still a handful. Works well with a really short stem though.

Amos
    Free Member

Ok cheers mate and thanks for your input jimmyshand I'll be sure to MTFU soon 😆

grumm
    Free Member

750mm or go home is it?

800 or go home now – 750 is so last year. 😛

mildred

Spike 777's for me. The width is fairly anti-social when riding in a group, and the 1st bit of follow the dog trail, through the woods is interesting, with loads of body English to get through smoothly.

Seb_C
    Free Member

Burgtec RW made my shoulders and upper back ache horribly. Easton EA70s fit me perfectly (not a big guy but quite broad shouldered too).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not done FTD with mu nuke proofs yet, but they dont clip trees much more than riser bars.

Running them with a fliped stem and no spacers to keep the front end low and it rocks!

Shandy
    Free Member

Its an extra inch or two on either side of the bars, unless you are riding in very tight trees it won't make much difference. They really come into their own on rough descents, it requires less force on the bars to keep the front wheel where you want it.

Milkie
    Free Member

Wide bars! 😯 That's extra weight!!

dreednya

Used to wear holes in my gloves when riding with 680 mm bars as my hands were covering the ends of the grips and lockon collars rather than holding the grips themselves. Now with 745 Sunnline V1 bars and never felt more comfortable :D. Definitely feel more in control, though I do keep hitting gorse bushes that line some of the descents round here (Mid-Wales) :(.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

So is everyone running 50mm stems with uberwide bars? I've just set mine up and it looks a bit "special…

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah
    It makes it almost impossible to fall off (touches wood)(grins)

Although today when riding through an overgrown path I had to hold the middle of the bars to keep moving. This was great, until the foliage decided to apply my rear brake.

bravery bars.

Damn….there's already a comeback!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Wide Bars (funn full on 750mm)’ is closed to new replies.