• This topic has 50 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Zone.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Why do I lack power climbing?
  • nicko74

Personally I just try to 'power' up the climbs – but then I do have thighs like hams. Then when I get to the top I fall off and have a breather…
    More usefully, choosing the right gear, and pushing steadily through the climb – not going too hard but not slacking off too much – is probably the best bet. And don't forget, no pain no gain! 😉

keavo
    Free Member

stop bimbling along all fine and dandy like. push yourself, make it hurt more often.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Well that doesn't sound like much fun

keavo
    Free Member

whats fun got to with it;-)
    i don't mean batter yourself all the time, just sometimes.

Smee
    Free Member

Choose an easier gear and spin it rather than try to grind your way up it. Eventually you'll be able to spin more difficult gears and go up the hills quicker.

Your lungs recover a hell of a lot quicker than you legs do – use your lungs more.

scaredypants

some good work on here, BWD 😉

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

ooOOoo:

Just try to find some loops that have less climbing than descents, works for me.

…clearly you can also warp time and space too. 😉

…or do you ride inside Escher pictures?

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

mos – Member

What about losing some weight?

When i dropped from 16st down to 14.5st, i was monstering all the whippets that had previously left me on climbs for years.
    Posted 13 hours

that must be one of newton's laws – every something has an equal and opposite something – i went form 14.5 to 16……. it's all your fault!

langy
    Free Member

make sure you use the gears to your advantage and in plenty of time; as above spinning an easier gear and going "slower" initially but being able to keep it up and then ride on once the climb is done is much more easily achieved if it's your lungs that have to recover, rather than your leg muscles.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Make sure your saddle is high enough!! Leg straight with heel on pedal at bottom of stroke. Therefore a hint of a bend when clipped in at bottom of stroke. Too low and your legs *will* explode quickly.

Zone
    Free Member

What's your age? 😯

And you have to love the burn…..

Since I hit my 40's…I've less time to ride…I've lost loads of power… lost my snap… and take longer to recover.. 😳

I think the BS theory is you loose 1% of your strength for every year past 30… 🙁

You need to find a loop with short burst climb and a killer descent… it's a win win…. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Why do I lack power climbing?’ is closed to new replies.