Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Why aren't you getting married? Comedy replies?
  • thegman67

Cos she will stop taking it up the arse

lunge

8 1/2 years with my GF and no wedding, I’m liking some of these responces a lot.

mudshark
    Free Member

‘She won’t have me’ followed by bursting into tears.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Just say you can’t tell them due to a superinjunction.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

30 years together here without a wedding

mudshark
    Free Member

We’re holding out for more money from OK magazine.

batfink
    Free Member

I tend to use: “I’m holding out for a better offer”, people laugh because they think you’re joking…. conversation moves on

clubber
    Free Member

+1 for most of the “why aren’t you married ones” – used a few up to when I got married (9 years together at that point). Actually, that reminds me of a classic when my now-wife’s housemate said with quite a superior tone ‘When you’ve been together as long as my husband and I have been…’. Then we pointed out that we’d been together 2 years longer than they had been.

Thing is once you do get married, people then ask when you’re having kids which IMO is much worse. For a start, I’ve seen friends who are having trouble with conceiving/miscarriages asked…

As such, I did famously once stop a particularly annoying woman in her steps when I stated loudly that ‘We can’t have kids, it’s devastating, we’ve been trying for ages, etc’. None of it true but the look on her face and the looks at her from everyone else (who also didn’t know it wasn’t true) were priceless 🙂 I don’t think she asks people that anymore.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Thing is once you do get married, people then ask when you’re having kids which IMO is much worse. For a start, I’ve seen friends who are having trouble with conceiving/miscarriages asked…

Yeah, I get asked when I’m going to start popping kids out. :s The worst one is the guy who’s the head of my department – I say that I don’t want kids, and he says, “Aaah, but you will. I guarantee it”. Oh good, I’m so glad that he knows more about whether I want to have my career, independance and body ruined than I do. It makes me worry that it’s impacting my chances of promotion – whether he’s assuming that in a year or two I’m going to sally forth and multiply.

I’m tempted to say that I can’t have kids, maybe that will shut them up. Or maybe that I have AIDS.

clubber
    Free Member

whether I want to have my career, independance and body ruined

People who put things in such strongly negative terms often do so because they don’t really believe what they say – overcompensation. Reckon that’s where he’s getting his ideas from…

So when are you going to have kids? 😉

sam_underhill

On the question about having kids, I always just say that I’m too selfish and don’t want my life ruined.

I’m sure most of those with kids are extremely happy with their choice but they find it hard to understand that it isn’t for everyone. Often they look offended at my anwser; good. Stop being such a nosey parker.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Prefer to ride my bike.

Still test-driving.

Waiting for an upgrade.

GrahamS

Just tell the truth: “I just don’t love her that much and I’m pretty sure something better will come along sooner or later.” 😈

MrWoppit
    Free Member

thegman67 – Member

“Because after years of rejection, I still haven’t grown up enough to understand what the point of marriage is…”

GrahamS

You can write your own vows y’know.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I LOL’ed at that

She does with everyone else so we’ve been told..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

because she used to be a man and I’m not sure of the legality of that situation. that said, looking at that beast you’re passing off as a wife (and well done on that front, I have to say, I’d never have guessed), you can maybe advise on that.

No questions again, ever, guaranteed

Cougar

Why aren’t you getting married?

“Because one of us already is.”

tthew

‘I will when I find the right woman’ is my stock resonse. But it’s getting a bit old now, so I’ll probably test ride some of these others. (13 years, one child)

kudos100
    Free Member

Can’t afford it, we have spent all the money kitting out our s&m dungeon.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You could try..

“I’m not too sure I can marry my sister”

philconsequence
    Free Member

“HA! i’m trading her in for a newer model the moment she starts to sag”

scruff
    Free Member

MrsToast, shame you caught the AIDS but you can still have children.

portlyone

She’s not my GF she’s my PA

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

When irritated I’ve usually just been honest: we both regard Marriage as an irrelevance.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

…..because I’m still waiting to meet the right one!!!!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Why aren't you getting married? Comedy replies?’ is closed to new replies.