Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Why am I being paid to write this?
  • chimptastic
    Free Member

It’s NYE and our company insists that it’s non-customer facing staff come in in between Christmas and NY. All our suppliers are shut and key people are off so there’s nothing that can be worked on. Yet the company pays me and others who have to be in to fill the quota of min staff cover. Today we have mostly chatted and eaten chocolate. What’s the point?

robdob
    Free Member

You can sit around and have a laugh and save your holidays for better weather? Seems ok to me!!

samuri
    Free Member

Dunno. I was in the last two days, fired off loads of emails asking for people to do things. No responses at all. So I worked from home today, wrote up a bit of documentation, got bored. Logged off about an hour or so ago. Can’t be bothered now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sounds alright to me. Get paid and do nothing. NYE is overhyped nonsense anyways.

Junkyard
    Free Member

20 years ago you were stuck at work with no internet rejoice
    HTH

Bregante

Well, I’m being paid to read it, so I think it’s only fair that you get a share too. I wonder how much is being paid out by employers on this pointless thread? 🙂

Bregante

Conversely, think how much better off we are than all the at home STWers doing exactly the same for sweet F.A

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m in work and have loads to do but am procrastinating :p

crazy-legs

We just get given the time off between Christmas and New Year. Doesn’t come out of our holiday allowance, the company knows that it’d be pointless for us to be in! 🙂

Bregante

Oh and I will be doing pretty much the same tomorrow too. But for twice the normal hourly rate.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bregante:

Conversely, think how much better off we are than all the at home STWers doing exactly the same for sweet F.A

I am self employed and have decided to pay myself for this response out of the petty cash.

Ker-Ching!

bruneep

Hurrah he’s bak…………. 🙄

I shall come back and read this tomorrow when I’m at work and feel alot richer for doing so.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mark Datz:
    igzakly u kud b klubbin an shaggin lodes of hot baybes instede of wurkin wikkid sadd dood u shud tele ur boz his a dik

This got tired sooooo long ago, but I do admire the consistency of the piss poor humour displayed from the unknown STW’er who feels the need to trot out this funny-as-a-smack-in-the-cock alter-ego.

It takes effort to be that shit. Kudos.

…..this on the other hand, is comedy gold.

Drac:

I can picture it now.

Yeah we have a call for you in the cheviots only a few details

“lolz wtf he just fell off his bik roflmao can urz come where @ da bridge”

-Texting 999 Thread

duntmatter
    Free Member

Mark Datz is a don. 😆

I_Ache
    Free Member

At work too but only because my boss is a cock and insisted we work 2 full shifts when there isnt even enough work for 1. I have spent the last 3 house listening to music on you tube and reading STW. The poor beggers on the shop floor have been hosing down the factory since 11. We should have all gone home at 1!

avdave2

I’m not going back till the 13th, I usually like to make sure that all that happy new year and did you have a good Christmas is all over and done with by the time I’m back to work.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Word datz! lol!

bigbob38
    Free Member

This is my second xmas and new year week off in a row! I have also managed every week in between off too 😆

Luvin it 😉

Did Datz get busted by the Mods? His post has gone.

CountZero

Drac’s post is indeed comedy genius, one of the best things I’ve read on here in ages.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Why am I being paid to write this?’ is closed to new replies.