Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • whos not in the UK
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m currently contributing from Perth WA so missing the whole lunchtime fast banter, so wondering who else is elsewhere

nasher
    Free Member

I will be out of the Uk for 9 months in a week.

Yay!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

where are you going? are you taking a bike?

grynch
    Free Member

I’m in Geneva , Switz…coming on 9 yrs now.

UncleFred
    Free Member

I’m in the British Virgin Islands. Coming up to 5 years.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Unfortunately I am trapped in Ireland

twohats
    Free Member

I’m stuck in Sweden. 3 years in and no sign of escape…

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I’m moving to Germany in July, a bit early to make it look like I’m leaving because of the Tory government, but that’s what I’ll tell people.

roper
    Free Member

Vivo en España

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I’m in Germany, but only for another couple of months 🙁

As I’m being transferred back to our UK office – boo! I love German cyclepaths…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am in Frankfurt airport. Again.

Del

norway. again. could be worse. could be cornwall.

scotia
    Free Member

im in Lausanne – coming up for 2 yrs..best move of my life..

TimP
    Free Member

I am in the Irish Riviera

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Hey Mike, whereabouts in Perth are you? I’m coming over to Freo in a few months to work at Royal Perth Clinic. Been on Perth MBC forum for a week or so, and another site called Huck to Flat. Seems like lots of street riding there. What’s the XC and all-day-blast riding like?

holmesy
    Free Member

New York for me – been year ~1 year – been ace fun, but not been great for riding. Home to sunny Edinburgh in the summer.

coolfurcats
    Free Member

From Scotland, now in Germany, (over 15 years now). Alps, Black Forest, real summers, great riding, real winters, great snow and snowboarding. Good beer! And the best bit… I get to come to the UK to visit. 😉

DrJ

3 years in The Hague – most boring place on Earth; before that Paris – most beautiful city on Earth

Royston
    Free Member

I’m in New Zealand (Auckland) been here for almost two and half years now) lived in Reading for a long time before that (so I was gutted to miss the STW Swinley ride). No plans to go back, two young children, great beaches & better climate.

cranberry
    Free Member

In The Hague as well.

I must have been really bad in a previous life.

andytherocketeer

In Germany too (Darmstadt) since 2003.
    In Netherlands (Leiden) before that from 1999-2003.

Coasting
    Free Member

Westcoast S.I. New Zealand.Best back country riding in NZ

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Moved to the Channel Islands 3 months ago. Have pretty much had to move to the dark side since leaving the UK, doesn’t stop me spending money on the MTB though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

aphex

from what i gather it’s damm hot!!

A bit too hot to ride during the day right now so lights are a bonus. There seems to be a lot of riding to do about 1hr from the city, try and get a copy of australian mountain bike for some more ideas. We will have gone east by the time you get here but stick your head into Cottesloe bike shop and Kalamunda Cycles link or have a look at Oz MB trails and for just getting around perth has fantastic cycle paths Maps Here

NZCol

Wellington, NZ. Crap place to live, stay where you are.

langy
    Free Member

Adelaide comng up 3 years…Colorado before that…Sowf Lundun born and bred though…Gotta love Peckham!

adrianp7
    Free Member

I am in Vancouver, BC for three years (hopefully permanently)

farm-boy

Also in Perth, WA. You get used to the heat – did a 4 hour race in 35 degrees a fortnight ago.

Lots of good XC singletrack in the Perth Hills (40 mins from the city) even if the best stuff is a little hard to find. Try and hook up with some guys on PMBC to get them to show you around. A GPS can also be useful as it all looks the bloody same.

ObeWan
    Free Member

Been a year here in Spokane Washington,had some ups and downs,hope to get alot more bik’in done this year.

GeeZed
    Free Member

Sitting in hotel room in Melbourne, VIC. Got in very early this morning from UK via Dubai. 10 days of business meetings in VIC and NSW and then back home!

ex-pat
    Free Member

In Aus – Sunshine Coast. Have been here a little over two years.
    Riding: Good around Tewantin woods (Noosa) the rest of the coast is mostly fairly spread out and a bit rutted from motorbikes.
    Weather is mad – Summer is too hot & wet. Winter is good, so riding in the same time of year as you lot (not the posters here I suppose).
    It’s a good place to live, but have to commute to Brisbane by train each day and that’s no fun (1.5 hours each way). Worth it for getting home to a fantastic queenslander house.

Doesn’t look like much, but indicative of trails – some single track (on the left) and a lot of double(ish) as on the right.

slimtubing
    Free Member

Have just returned to Auckland NZ from a month in Greenock & Freuchie visiting parents and showing off grandchild in freezing cold weather. Been here 10.5 years and now realise how much I love this country.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sainte Foy, France. It’s tough out here… 🙂

darrell
    Free Member

Stavanger for a couple of years. was in Zurich for 5 years before that.

beever
    Free Member

Didn’t fancy another winter in Innerleithen so me and my bike are now in Queenstown, New Zealand, until it warms up back in the UK!

N.Z. (Hutt Valley near Wellington) enjoying my first summer at home for 4 years. Loving the weather.

juan
    Free Member

I am in Nice in the south east of France and the only thing I am looking forward to is moving back the the UK.
    Preferably around Scotland or York.

Life here sucks.

Bream
    Free Member

I’m in Skåne, Southern Sweden, moved out here in October 2006 and don’t intend on moving back to Blighty.

Brilliant riding with only a handful of riders……..

rich_tee
    Free Member

In France, near Perpignan only since late last year.
    haven’t got the mountain bike here yet and the dark side is calling

juan
    Free Member

In France, near Perpignan only since late last year.

[mode pedantic]
    In France, near Perpignan only since late last year Cong’.

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘whos not in the UK’ is closed to new replies.