Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Who's crossing this weekend?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Cental CX at Ickneild for me.
    Hopefully I'll make it over the start line this weekend!

Anyone from Beds, Bucks, Herts going to Portsmouth for the regionals?

MrAgreeable

'Crossing at Ashton Court this weekend. Should be a good turnout if the last race (forty strong at a properly out-of-the-way venue) was anything to go by.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Shouldn't cross dressing topics be in the off thread category rather than the bike category?

london_lady
    Free Member

It would have been nice to but after last week and 5 stitches later it probably won't be wise this sunday.

oldgit
    Free Member

Hope your feeling beter and healing well.

Still a bit annoyed we got put at the back, I'm almost expecting the same again this weekend! though I've spent the last week crash proofing my bike after ending up singlespeed after last weeks 'mishap'

See you on your patch in a few weeks?

london_lady
    Free Member

may be at Icknield on sunday with a camera 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Better stick on the man corset then!

leggyblonde
    Free Member

London/SE league in Kent for me on Sunday

ourmaninthenorth

I was hoping to be at Liverpool on Saturday, but because I'm judging my club's race on Sunday (Manchester Wheelers – NW League) 'er indoors has put the kybosh on that.

I shall be back in action (Liverpool again, I think) following weekend.

Good luck all..!

aP
    Free Member

Probably at the Central race, although I might then have to go to Kent afterwards to pick up the race numbers for next weekend.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yeah, baby!

See you there, Mr Agreeable. I'll be there early helping to mark out course etc.

thomthumb
    Free Member

any info on portsmouth -cant seem to find it onb BC – might pop down.

Eggbox
    Free Member

If my back is OK I will be doing the Manchester Wheelers race on Sunday…. First cross race in about 14 years ! 😯

fasthaggis

2nd round of the Scottish cross season at Auchentoshan this Sunday,looks fast so I will be pumping these suckers ( http://tinyurl.com/ykvgbcd )up to the max.

oldgit
    Free Member

Great afternoons racing down here. Fine course and managed to avoid any trouble.
    Thanks Ickneild RC.

dobo
    Free Member

i wanted to get some wessex league cx action today but went to gorrick autumn classic mtb instead

cx races should be on saturdays, mtb on sundays!

trio25
    Free Member

I was at liverpool yesterday, no mud at all! But some steep steep slopes!

aP
    Free Member

I've been working out next weekend's course today, got it to just under 3km.
    Fingers crossed that it goes ok (as it were).

oldgit
    Free Member

Looking forward aP, can it stay dry for another round?

fasthaggis

Great race today ,and it was a good one for getting back into cross racing.

I now want a single speed 🙄

aP
    Free Member

oldgit – you have a better race today than last week? I pulled my back yesterday raking part of the course over so sulked in bed this morning.
    If it is dry it'll be quite tough – you'll be wanting to put big tyres on.

Eggbox
    Free Member

The Manchester Wheelers race at Boggart Hole clough was a good course with the exception of the evil tarmac climb which was sickening and had me wishing for a twiddlier gear each time. I was rubbish but it was still enjoyable.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

cyclocross is the new 24-hour racing!

plop_pants
    Free Member

130 riders today in the london league.
    Might be a record. Such a fast, unrelenting course, very little recovery. Lungs felt like they'd been pulled out, used as a trampoline, then shoved back in again. Superb!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Great race today (Western League) at Ashton Court – see thread.

Very happy to have come away with 6th place 😀 😀 😀

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

PS – Stroud venue next week… the purest of all evils 😈

marty
    Free Member

First cx of the season for me and what a corker. Another 100+ turnout for the Scottish Cyclocross race at Auchentoshan. Course in top nick and flawless organisation by Glasgow United CC. Roll on Mugdock!

http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/

oldgit
    Free Member

130 Riders!
    aP don't start me on tyres I'll have a nosebleed, I assume I'll have to be down there early to get a place as it's Central and London combined?

fasthaggis

Marty

Roll on Mugdock 😯 Do you not mean Mud rolling dockMug 😀

With the weather forcast up here for this week ,it's going to be a mud fest.

Auchetoshan was indeed top class ,next one for me will be glenmore lodge..can't make Mugdock 😥

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the London League, it was a great course but probably too many riders. We probably need an A and B race! It's fantastic that it's so popular

aP
    Free Member

oldgit – I think it'll be busy, but I'm not sure we'll get 130 riders as its not in Kent. Actually I think we may have problems using the transponder system as we've only got 120 chips.

fasthaggis

…and here was me getting all sad that I wouldn't make Mugdock this weekend.. 🙄

Don't forget your snorkels folks 😉

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Who's crossing this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.