Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Who should build what (bike frames)?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Following on from the request for Ragly to build a fat bike, I would like;

Yeti to build a 140mm forked hard tail.

Nukeproof to build a 140mm trail bike frame

On-one to build a 456 full sus. Mostly carbon. Sub £1000 for frame.

any others?

AdeC
    Free Member

i’d quite like to see a full carbon Apollo for under £149

pastcaring
    Free Member

been waiting 2 years for brooklyn machine works to build me an xc ish hardtail 😐

brakes
    Free Member

Fox Racing should build a carbon 130mm four-bar full suss, with a super-lightweight coil shock, designed around a 150mm super-lightweight coil fork.
    Full build should be around 25 lbs.
    And I should get one for free.
    And it would be called the 22, for no other reason than I like that number.

Markie
    Free Member

Ragley to build a 26″ TD:1 equivalent.

thebunk

Cotic (or anyone) to build a light steel hardtail-with-nice-angles womens bike for mrsbunk.

belugabob
    Free Member

Genesis should build a Full-Susser and a 29er Hardtail

(Apparently, the FS is in the works’)

timc
    Free Member

orange a ti 21″ P7 for me 🙂

wwaswas

On-one to build a 456 full sus. Mostly carbon. Sub £1000 for frame.

well, now they own Titus they may well do?

thepodge
    Free Member

anyone should bulid me a hover bike. back to the future has a lot to answer for.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Brooklyn to build a £999 race link for those of us about to be able to benefit from the ride to work scheme…

backhander
    Free Member

I’d kill for a Carbon Knolly Chilcotin

JEngledow
    Free Member

Santa Cruz should build a Blur 4X!

jimjam
    Free Member

Orange should make a “Mini DH” 224 variant. 180mm travel, single crown fork, can be pedalled a bit. Something not unlike the Transition TR250 or Morewood Kalula. And in apple green.

And while they’re at it they could make a Five Carbon, which would sell pretty well I’d imagine.

sssimon
    Free Member

Santa Cruz should build a Blur 4X!

in carbon, with a 120mm rear for a 140/150mm fork with removable/adjustable iscg mounts, internal routing for a dropper post, taper head tube, 67 degree head angle and a 5lb frame weight, maxle rear, and in that nice green of the blur ltc please

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

been waiting 2 years for brooklyn machine works to build me an xc ish hardtail

Maybe you should talk to Tom at Demon Frameworks. He’s a UK builder turning out exceedingly pretty stuff like this:-

Link to thread with pretty pictures!

yossarian
    Free Member

Evil should build a ti sovereign
    Magura should start making 29er forks
    Nicolai should make a 26″ version of the bonkers double top tubed jump bike they have.

Northwind

Though I am aware that this post might cause some people on here to have some sort of psychotic episode, Cotic should make an alu Soul (or BFe should you prefer).

younggeoff

Cotic to build an XS Soul, please 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Ragley to build a single pivot trail bike (pretty please!)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Carbon 5 🙂

Sanderson – the life/breath but with better thought out cable routing, swopouts, and a little less ‘steel’ (straighter stays and oversized top tube?) as it’s bordering on too flexy.

pastcaring
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member
    been waiting 2 years for brooklyn machine works to build me an xc ish hardtail

Maybe you should talk to Tom at Demon Frameworks. He’s a UK builder turning out exceedingly pretty stuff like this:-

i want brooklyn to build me one! not demon!
    that frame doesn’t do a lot for me 😐

AD

Keith Bontrager to start making frames again…

sssimon
    Free Member

that demon looks like it’s been made by someone who normally makes railings and fireguards, stinkin

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

You do know that the original builders arn’t making Brooklyns any more don’t you. They were taken over and the original frame builders left…

chakaping
    Free Member

Cube to do a carbon version of the Fritzz.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Dear Foes,

I would like a 120mm travel single pivot around the BB30 bottom bracket, 2:1 shock ratio, 44mm head tube. 142mm syntace rear end, floating brake arm, suitable for 140mm forks.

Any colour so long as its red.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Carbon Blur 4X with alloy Maxle’d rear end, ISCG mounts, post mount brake fitting and tapered head tube. Angles etc, keep the same as the old one. Maybe add another 15mm onto the top tube length so I can run a 50mm stem.

Didn’t Hope say something recently about building a bike for £2000 that would be as good as the bikes everyone else sells for £4000.

Be nice if they built it.

And every manufacturer who builds sliding dropout frames should do a Rohloff version.
    It’s only a bit of CNC machining on a flat plate. It wouldn’t be too much trouble for them, but would make the frame more versatile.

ChrisL

Though I am aware that this post might cause some people on here to have some sort of psychotic episode, Cotic should make an alu Soul (or BFe should you prefer).

I would be interested in that. Or a Chameleon but with dropper post cable guides and without the EBB. They should probably taper its head tube or something too, but I’m not so bothered about that.

pastcaring
    Free Member

one_happy_hippy – Member
    You do know that the original builders arn’t making Brooklyns any more don’t you. They were taken over and the original frame builders left…

you do know that is bollocks! please get your facts right!

one of the original partners (doc) left to do his own thing.
    the other partner (joe) is still there making bikes and bits for his truck!

joe and family are very good friends of mine…

Rockape
    Free Member

I’d like to see Cotic build a fat bike with serious fat rims. A British bike for hard British winter 😆

steve_b77
    Free Member

Orange build a carbon bike, you’re having a laugh surely – they can’t even make welds look nice.

I’d like to see angle-sets come as standard on bikes with adjustable rear geo.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Orange should make a “Mini DH” 224 variant. 180mm travel, single crown fork, can be pedalled a bit. Something not unlike the Transition TR250 or Morewood Kalula. And in apple green.

And while they’re at it they could make a Five Carbon, which would sell pretty well I’d imagine.

They have-new patriot.Joe Barnes was on it at Inners.
    Maybe not a ‘full’ carbon 5 just yet 😉

adeward
    Free Member

i want a whyte preston 29er please,,

tang
    Free Member

mojo 29er.

RealMan
    Free Member

Santa Cruz should do a carbon version of the chameleon, but make it stiffer, and a maxle rear drop out, and tapered head tube, and no ebb.

Then all the weekend warriors can buy one and complain it hurts their precious backs when they sit down on descents.

audiophile
    Free Member

Everyone should build frames with a longer top tube.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Nicolai should make a 26″ version of the bonkers double top tubed jump bike they have.

er. We do – the 2MXTB is a 26″ frame (and if it wasn’t we’d still make you one as a custom job).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Who should build what (bike frames)?’ is closed to new replies.