Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who makes 29ers with rack mounts?
  • Sanny
    Free Member

I'm trying to get a flat bar 29er that has rack mounts? I was all set for a Singular Swift but it doesn't have rack mounts. Does anyone make such a bike? Alternatively, are there any Uk frame builders that could graze mounts onto a 29er steel frame that you could recommend?
    Cheers
    Sanny

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Awright Sanny?

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but have you considered a Cotic Roadrat with "Monster-rat" upgrade?

The frame has rack mounts and has clearance for 29er wheels and tyres. You can buy all the stuff from Cotic or have a look at builds on the 18bikes website.

willsimmons
    Free Member

On-One Inbred 29er frames. Drillings on dropouts and mounts on seatstays, all for a bargain price too!

drofluf
    Free Member

p-clips and the frame of your choice?

tootallpaul

Second the Inbred 29er.

Only disadvantage is the rearward dropouts, as its a little bit of a faff to sort a puncture.

P1000193 by too_tall_paul, on Flickr

Sam

Axle mounting rack like a Tubus Disco or Old man mountain with p-clips up top or a threaded seat collar mount.

thomthumb
    Free Member

carradice sell old man mountain racks iirc.

richpips
    Free Member

Singular Peregrine.

Peregrine by qwertyphoto, on Flickr

MrTall
    Free Member

Salsa Fargo? I have one on order but it's rigid fork only so don't know if you need a suspension fork? Plenty of room for fat tyres and disc ready and the ability to attatch pretty much whatever you want to it.

Orderered on a whim, i have no intention to go touring but it's always fun to build up a new bike……

Just the frame and fork that is – you can run a flat bar as well as drops so i'm told.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who makes 29ers with rack mounts?’ is closed to new replies.