Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Who is going out in this?
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

It's pissing down where I am and it's pretty grim.

I no fancy it!

megastream
    Free Member

not me, I'll be on the Keiser bike in the garage 🙁

Anthony
    Free Member

?! non comprenday

60 miles for me on the MTB on the road.

judderman
    Free Member

Cwmcarn here I come!

forge197
    Free Member

As I look out the window to clear skies and the sun rising I'll be out 😀

RustySpanner

Dry and warmish in North Manchester. Off for a spin round Hit The North land with a mate of ours. Shorts a distict possibility.

Meeting @ Hurst Wood 10am if anybody fancies it. Slow 4 hour-ish bimblette with mid way pub stop.

singletrackbiker
    Free Member

Very wet here. Trails were muddy yesterday, lots of sideways action. Going to be even worse today.
    I've looked, I've thought about it, surely that counts for something?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Some folk are ….. I have to go marshall at a duathlon today . Was gonna ride out but its 2 hours standing in the pissing rain …..perfect way to get the cold ! Still done 6 hours nightriding this weekend already 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

Blue sky, dry, hardly any wind and the temperature around 8 degrees. Bike, kiddie seat, follow the towpath or ride to the beach today.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Anthony.
    Make sure you have your lights on front and rear – Sunday drivers in pouring rain, likely steamed up windows, kids playing merry-hell in the back, high blustery winds, no one expecting a bike on the roads, the B&Q Mob nipping out for anything to fix the roof. Stay safe!.
    The reality of a cold shi££y February with a depression sitting over us.
    I've just come back in from walking the dogs across the fields and the ground is utterly saturated and the wind is a howling on higher ground.
    How long is 60 miles going to take, or do you go for a time, say 5hrs?

BAN February!

Nick

The reality of a cold shi££y February with a depression sitting over us.

Sitting over you maybe, I'm out for a play in the wind, rain and mud, bye.

momo

Weathers not too bad here in Lincoln, it's a bit cold but not raining (yet), unfortunately I'm off to a wedding fair with the mrs in a bit, so won't be getting out today. Was out yesterday though having fun sliding the bike all over the place in the mud.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Craig Woolhouse, Environment Agency Head of Incident Management, said: “In light of the forecast for more rain over the coming day[/b]s, the Environment Agency is continuing to closely monitor river and sea levels and our teams have been out on the ground checking flood defences across the country.”

Heavy rain is expected across much of the country on Sunday and will fall onto already saturated ground across the south and east of England. This brings the risk of flooding from rising river levels, while high tides along the north-east, eastern and southern coastlines could result in some coastal flooding.

TBH, any fool could go out in this as any fool can get wet and cold. Working from home brings benefits at times such as this!

Wookster

would love to be really!! B ut on call this weekend for a water company looks like it will be busy!!!!!!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I have to take the missus and kids to ASDA. The sooner she can drive the better.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Just back from a cheeky early morning shred, now to continue with the thesis. Booo.

nicks
    Free Member

ive just put the kettle on … Again

Ti29er
    Free Member

Forecast for tomorrow's mid day ride is positively balmy – double figures possible!

jedi

i will probably just go to herts shore to do some maintenence

spacemonkey

The trails are gonna be horrendous if they're anything like last Sunday's. Hence if I'm going out it'll be to break in the Schwalbe Big Apples with some road miles.

scott-b
    Free Member

Weather looking OK up here. Taking the daughter out this afternoon.
    She's hoping it doesnt rain!

br
    Free Member

Canned going to Afan, glad.

So decided to go local, canned at 07:30 on mutual agreement – apparently its been raining since 04:30, and still is now.

Clink

Been raining here all night and lots of Fri/Sat. I'm off for a run instead – less cleaning afterwards!

Ti29er
    Free Member

nickc

Might go for a run later, sod the bike though

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

THis arvo when it's forecast to stop – will hit the Qs in my "waterproof" shorts and mudguards

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Still got half a meter of snow on the ground over here, although its now melting fast, so hope is not lost.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Going out in this is fun every now and then but its all getting a bit monotonous now. Last few weeks have been dire round here with even the main tracks (SDW) becoming a draggy claggy mess. Managed to get out yesterday though, and plan a route that wasn't too bad in terms of claggy mud. I had a great ride, although my mate didn't have as much fun. Ghost shifting, then a puncture, a naff replacement tube, then front brake problems, more ghost shifting, and topped off with a broken chain at the furthest point away from home. And then his chain tool broke. Must have really upset someone! Had to ride home on my own and then go and pick the poor lad up.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Hi Tim – Ti29er where and when was the photo above!?

Nick

That was **** great, 2 hours of pissing about in the woods, bacon sarnie and coffee now.

Ti29er
    Free Member

Archive image.
    The preferred mode of transport this weekend.
    B&Q have reported a run on large Ark-lengthed planks & nails this w/end.

Ti29er
    Free Member

However, if you ever need to know about an image, try
    http://www.tineye.com/ This is an image specific search engine.

Also, R click your mouse and go to the bottom, to Properties.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I am currently indoors, drinking tea and eating bacon & eggs….

Ti29er
    Free Member

A smart general will always choose the battles he fights and those he leaves well alone.
    Tomorrow the weather will be great.

avalanche
    Free Member

bog snorkelling anyone?

singletrackhor
    Free Member

bike at door, rider at computer planning lunch.

Alex

Rode Yesterday, had a brill time in the Malverns. Found some ace new super steep, tech trails on the North side. Muddy, Yes. Cold, Yes in the mist. Fun, Oh yes. Beer afterwards, of course!

Been out with family walking the mutt in Haugh Woods (for those of you who know the area). My word, it's like Flanders in there. Did a cheeky night ride in Dymock woods mid week which was pretty epically wet, but I didn't have high expectations. Still ace tho.

Looks cold and clear tomorrow. Commutes are back on! Riding is ALWAYS better than not riding, surely?

oldgit
    Free Member

Had to tailor my ride a bit today as there was flooding about so ended up using lanes more but went further out.
    Ti29er I put a rear light on today funnily enough, I've not done that before, great minds huh 💡

My bike looks like it's been jet washed.

oldgit
    Free Member

And wearing rain jackets and winter gloves with shorts, what's all that about then 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Who is going out in this?’ is closed to new replies.