Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Who here voted for the first time today?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not me…but I do remember my first vote. It did feel strangely empowering though.

Was it the first time you were eligible to vote?

Or have you been apathetic before but more interested this time?

domwells27
    Free Member

Will be my first time when I go later this eve, wasn't eligible last time around

DaveGr
    Free Member

I remember the first time I voted. I was so young and excited that I turned up a day early at the polling station. A case of premature election 😀

coffeeking
    Free Member

I remember my first vote, and I remember voting for all the wrong reasons without looking into the depths of it and without realising the backhanded election techniques. And now realise I was too young to be given such a responsibility.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I was so young and excited that I turned up a day early at the polling station. A case of premature election

Groans inwardly

😉

uplink
    Free Member

The infamous 79 election for me

walla24
    Free Member

1st time voting here due to age, after educating myself on many political issues it was a hard choice to vote for any of them really.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but I do remember my first vote. It did feel strangely empowering though.

I remember being disappointed no one shook my hand afterwards to congratulate me for my fine act of civic duty.

All the more so because it was in France. Still, voting Communist was well cool 8)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I did, 3rd one I could have done though. Felt strangely satisfied after.

grahamh
    Free Member

I remember the first time I voted. I was so young and excited that I turned up a day early at the polling station. A case of premature election

Jasper Carrot 1983 8)

Tonylem
    Free Member

I've just voted for the first time, aged 45!
    Wasn't very exiting. Only voted as I was walking past on my way to the post office.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I remember my first time. Jim Marshall (lab) Leicester south in the landslide of 1997. I also laughed my ass off when Portillo lost his 'safe' seat. Cabinet minister to, errr, rich bloke in 16 hours. 😆

Gosh, 'New Labour' was just seemed like some sort of election slogan back then didn't it?

thomthumb
    Free Member

wasn't my first today.

the polling station is my old scout hut. i remember many polling days being made to stand outside whilst my mother voted, there was a sense of mystery and importance in the poling station.

when i voted for the first time (in person first vote was postal) i remember being extremeley apprehensive on the way in and then shocked at how casual it seemed and how it was just the same old scout hut with a few booths and pencils on strings, i left with a strenge sense of dissapointment that there was not more to it or something.

andytherocketeer

did get to vote on my 18th birthday (many elections ago)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Who here voted for the first time today?’ is closed to new replies.