Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • whisky content…anyone tried this one..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

yummy or not..?

got this for my dad a few year back after he helped me out loads on my house, we were just rummaging through the cupboard and dragged it out..checked on’t tinterweb and its HOW MUCH!!?? (it was pretty expensive when i bought it but not that much)

anyways my old man won’t open it until next year on his 65th, so my burning question is…does it taste nice..?

PeteG55
    Free Member

Wow, thats some pricey booze! Think I’d be scared to drink it.

BigJohn

No idea how it will taste. But many distilleries close between the time the stuff goes in barrels and the time it is drunk so just because you don’t recognise the name doesn’t mean anything. One of my favourite malts was Millburn and that closed in 1985.

The thing is – whisky doesn’t improve with age once it is in bottle. So it will taste the same (or a bit worse) than when you bought it.

And some whiskies, which tasted full of potential when put in barrel, turn out not to have the essential characteristics for ageing. My local used to boast a 35yr old whisky which was pleasant enough, but no better than the average 8yr old. Just one of those things.

But to you two – the sentimental attachment will mean you savour every last drop, with misty eyes. And that’s how it should be.

carlphillips
    Free Member

im hoping its bloody fantastic!!

cranberry
    Free Member

There’s only one way to find out how it will taste – this involves removing the foil covering at the top of the bottle.

Enjoy.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Aged 29 years Highland is probably going to be very nice, if you both like Whisky and the Highland style. There’s probably a very good reason why it has shot up in price. Like said above, it isn’t going to improve and change with ageing in the bottle, like a good heavily tannin red wine does.
    But, I’m pretty sure it will taste nice, especially whilst spending time with your pops on a few glasses together.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Maltmadness says…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘whisky content…anyone tried this one..?’ is closed to new replies.