Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Which unramped chainring?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Been running a Gusset Tribal R 32T chainring on my hardtail with 1×10 setup for a little while, only the teeth are already starting to hook! At a guess I’d say it’s done maybe 20-25 rides of normally 15-20 miles, and the wear is quite apparent which has shocked me…

So what’s the answer? How do the E13 G rings and the Renthal offerings last by comparison? Or do you have to get a stainless ring for it to last?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Got a renthal on one bike – looks ace and weighs little, can’t comment on the wear, its only done a few miles.

Got a butch on-one on another and that has done loads with no sign of wear at all! weighs as much as you can imagine 😆

orangina
    Free Member

Another Renthal fan here, seem to be hard as nails even in Scottish granite / quartz slop.. fitted to our three bikes, Orange 5 2 x 9, Ibis Mojo 2 x 9, genesis io-id 1 x 9 … will buy renthal again.

You do seem to get what you pay for…

HTH

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

MRP – lightweight, hardly any visible wear after a year of use.

On-One – not lightweight, cheap though and NO visible wear after a year of use.

Both good. On-One is shiney, MRP is stealthy.

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers guys, seems some of the higher quality alloy ones last at least.

Though £40 for a Renthal against £20 for an On One… Hmmm… Not keen to add weight, as that’s all I’ve done recently (carbon bars swapped for wide alloy, beefier saddle, 2.25″ tyres, full chain device), but suppose it’s still only about 25lb even if it was sub 23.5lb to start! But money is tight… Can’t add any more than 50g surely? And low down on the bike at least…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

E13 G ring working nicely for me currently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Which unramped chainring?’ is closed to new replies.