Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Which on do I keep????
  • drewsiffer999
    Free Member

Evening all,

Turned up at home tonight with a new bike thinking I was ok to have 2!! Now the wife has kicked off telling me to grow up and one needs to go?

But Im stuck on which one to keep!!!

Boardman Comp or GT?

Help!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bassspine
    Free Member

keep both, offer wife a second kitchen

j_me
    Free Member

School boy error. You should always make sure your bikes are the same colour.
    That way so long as you keep her out of the shed she will never know !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drewsiffer999
    Free Member

I even tried bribing her with Take That tickets! One definately has to go!!

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Only two ?

You need to grow up ?

Jeez.

lyons
    Free Member

under the thumb….

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tell her she only needs one pair of shoes….grow up,the rest need to go.

cabbage84
    Free Member

You need to man up and tell her you wear the trousers and that your keeping both. Wear body armour while doing this though lol

timmys

a) Stop keeping them in the lounge and maybe she’ll let you keep both.
    b) Sell both and enjoy picking something new.

midlifecrashes

Surprised no ones said it yet…
    We need pics of wife too, in case it’s her needing to be binned!

If the living room is the only option for keeping and fettling the bikes, I think she has a point though. Have you looked at those storage poles that take two bikes, or some wall brackets to get them out of the way? Oh and keep the newest bike.

markenduro
    Free Member

one needs to go
    Help her pack…
    Think you could get a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour as she is denying you of your basic needs.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Surprised no ones said it yet…
    We need pics of wife too, in case it’s her needing to be binned!

🙂

househusband
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ85eeZL7yA[/video]

sc-xc

I would get rid of all the tat you have hanging off the Boardman. Then sell the Boardman.

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

All that tat!! That hurts. I thought they were all useful!!

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

Unforuantly the wife also pays half the mortgage, need to take that into consideration!

meehaja
    Free Member

I’ve been on a big selling spree and got rid of three of my bikes, 2 more to go (80’s racer and BMX if anyone fancies?) That’ll bring me down to “just” three bikes.

MTFU!

smoggy
    Free Member

The least enjoyable ride should go. 😀

carlos
    Free Member

So as long as you pay your half of the mortgage whats the problem??

Bumhands
    Free Member

To be fair to the wife they both look like they serve the same purpose.
    Maybe your second bike should be a hardtail?

mandog

You can always get another wife. You’ll never get back the years you’ve lost compromising.

rOcKeTdOg

Get rid of the fishtank after drowning the wife in it first

Driller
    Free Member

You’ll have to forgive me for this but; if you and your other half mis-understand each other to that extent then you’ve got to question your relationship, and not just that she thinks she can, and you’re prepared to let her, tell you what to do!

Surely two people who are going to share their lives together have to be the same kind of people? Like be into the same stuff, you know, people who can enjoy themselves together, doing what they really love, together, as a couple of mates, as well as partners.

My (shortly to be) wife and I met on a mountian biking holiday. We ride together all the time, we’ve been on holiday to Morocco, The Sierra Nevada, The Alps, all over the place, riding together. We’ve got a dozen or so, XC, DH, road, pub, messing about, bikes between us.

Honestly, do you even speak the same language?

Why would you settle for second best? You only get one life. Do it right or not at all.

rob2
    Free Member

knock her brown door in and tell her you’re keeping both

a chameleon frame arrived this week. My wife just laughed (but see my classifieds ad for stuff that needs to pay for it!)

kudos100
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you need to take your nuts out of her purse and tell her you are keeping both 😉

Amos
    Free Member

Why 2 bikes that are so similar in their uses? A hardtail and full sus or full sus trail and DH bike? But 2 100-130mm travel bikes? Don’t see the point, each to their own i guess. Sell them both and get something really bling! Is my answer

tazzymtb

all you need is a scolds bridle, then peace and quiet will reign 😀

Northwind

Which do you like more? They’re pretty similiar, sure the Idrive’s got more travel and is heavier but it’s still an enormous XC bike at heart, with those angles. I really liked mine, if it was my choice of those 2 I’d keep the big fat GT despite its vast weight but I reckon the Boardman’s better, and they can both do everything the other can do.

ash.addy
    Free Member

As said before get rid of the 2 and get 1 descent FS and a rigid SS. Then you can argue they are for different types of riding.. then you’ll need a 29er for the same reason and then a geared hard tail then what else could we use the same reason for????

drewsiffer999
    Free Member

I got the GT this afternoon on a whim (£300 and I thought it was rude not too!) as I really like the frame. Thats how I ended up with the same sort of set up bike. I only do XC riding so dont really need anything else.

To be honest I wanted you all to say that the GT was the one to keep as I prefer its looks but didnt know which one to was best to keep in the long run.

As for the wife, as soon as I dragged another bike through door, looking at her face I knew there was no way of keeping both!!

I would love to sell both and get something more special but those bills wont pay themselves!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Which on do I keep????’ is closed to new replies.