Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Which North Lakes ride tomorrow?
  • Pieface

The weather has been OK, however there’s been a bit of rain so High Street is probably best avoided. I’ve done Skiddaw tour (the one that goes up to Skiddaw house, Mosedale, round the back, up to Skiddaw house and then down Lonscale fell), borrowdale bash and Helvellyn.

I have a plan to go up to Skidaaw house from where i’m staying (Threlkeld), down Lonscale Fell and then do Borrowdale bash.

Any other ideas for routes in the area? Altura trail is not for consideration.

I feel I ought to go up Helvellyn again as its the ‘big one’ but not sure if I’ll have more fun with my hybrid plan. I haven’t been up to the top of Skidaaw, but I’ve walked up a few times and can’t imagine its a great deal of fun.

fergal
    Free Member

If you don’t mind the ocassional beaver faced scowl from the walking brigade, Ullock pike is an outstanding way to descend a mountain on a bicycle.

But to be honest be polite and give way and most are happy, just enjoy the fells.

superdan

The Keswick mob are riding out of Glenridding tomorrow night, 6:30pm start from the carpark, if you want some company.

As for alternatives, Grizedale Pike? Coachroad + Ullswater Lakeshore?

The legit descent down Skiddaw is rubbish. Its the summer holidays, so the fun alternative is unfortunately out.

hth

Dan

senorj

If it’s a clear day ,why not go up to Skiddaw house via Threlkeld,then to Dash falls gate.At the gate follow the fence UP to the summit.Down from Skiddaw , onto Lonscale ,
    back up to Skiddaw house(on t’other side) , down to Mungrisedale.
    Then pick up the cycle route which follows the a66 & turn off at the A5091 (troutbeck inn)heading for Dockray(Turn right over the brow of a road climb I think it’s called “New road”,keep going up!) and the old coach road back towards keswick .At the bottom of the coach road turn right and it’s about a mile or so to Threlkeld.There’s quite a bit of tarmac between Skiddaw& the coach road, but by then you should be glad of it.

plus if you haven’t been up Skiddaw , you should at least tick it off. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Which North Lakes ride tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.