Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • which (if any) windows phone – help deciding please
  • Smudger666

Chaps and chapesses

Wife is coming to the end of her current contract and is trying to decide what to get next. she currently has a touch sreen/predictive text standard phone with unlimited texts for £35/month. She texts a lot. an awful lot and would need this kind of deal whatever she does next.

The rest of the family have Iphones and she isn’t interested so lets not go there.

Has anyone any suggestions for a smartphone – something small is preferred to something with lot of gimmicks.

The HTC wildfire is available for £31/month with a free 10″ archos tablet from Carphone warehouse – does this sound like a good deal?

Cougar

The Wildfire isn’t a Windows phone. Do you mean “smartphone” generally?

The Wildfire (classic) is an old phone, the Orange San Francisco is a) better, b) cheaper and c) superseded by the Monte Carlo now. Do you mean a Wildfire S?

The Archos tablet is rubbish. Does she want a tablet?

What does she have currently? Does she like it?

Making a few assumptions here as to what you mean but on the face of it, no, it’s a bloody terrible deal.

Bez

If you want a Windows phone then the new Nokia Lumia is likely to be well ahead of the rest. Free on £31 contracts when it arrives.

Smudger666

yes I meant smartphone, yes she actually fancies a tablet, yes it was the wildfire S! (well assumed!)

she has a LG Cookie that is pretty mangled after 2+ years of use but as she says, it does everything she needs – text n phone.

She does her internetting on a laptop but fancies the convenience of a tablet.

thanks so far!

Cougar

TBH,

It’s still a poxy deal. I’ve got the Sensation, which is a considerably better phone than the Wildfire S, for £25/month (I think) on an 18 month contract. That includes unlimited texts. Though, the Sensation is a bigger handset than the Wildfire.

Don’t get distracted by “ooh, shinies” tablets, you’ll regret it.

Coming from the Cookie, pretty much any modern Android / Mango / iPhone handset will blow her bloody socks off.

Smudger666

cougar

thank very much for the info – i see the ‘what tablet’ thread and I think you are right – the shinies are a distraction.

will ponder some more I think!

Cougar

Moreover,

Most of the cheap Android tablets are pish. I’ve not (yet) found a good one.

CountZero

…and she’ll need bloody big pockets to carry even a small ‘tablet’ devise, quite apart from them being awkward to hold for texting. As above, the new Nokia/WinMob phone looks like a lovely thing, a lot of people think the OS is a vast improvement on previous versions, (not difficult, really), and Nokia phones are generally pretty reliable.

mefty
    Free Member

If she is happy with her phone, why not get a SIM only deal 3000 texts (basically unlimited and 300 mins on a 12 month contract for £10.50 a month.

You can put the money saved towards a decent tablet.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘which (if any) windows phone – help deciding please’ is closed to new replies.