Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which frame for my 2003 Super-T?
  • fridge
    Free Member

Dug out my old Marzocchi Super-Ts with the intention of selling them, they pissed oil everywhere when cycled so pulled them to bits and am now thinking that I might fix and keep them. Last rode them many years ago and so I’m thinking I might try to build something up around them. Budget tiny so it’s secondhand only and I’m thinking early Patriot or similar, perhaps hardtail just because it would be a daft idea.

Any suggestions for suitable (periodish, early 2000s) frames?

Ta
    David

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Bullit

fridge
    Free Member

Good call on the Bullit; tried one BITD and really liked it but went for something lighter at the time. Do you think they were built to last?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Dunno, I reckon any old frame is a bit of a gamble. The older patriots had issues with cracking on the shock mounts, i know that much.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Another single pivot idea, yeti asx.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bullit as mentioned would be good. If budget is a concern, a slightly newer Club Roost or Coyote might be worth a punt. Old Giant DH Teams seem to go for next to nowt these days. Just choose any DH frame from the early noughties.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Turner RFX? Not strictly a dh frame, but I saw one built up with triple clamps and it didnt look too bad.

coastkid
    Free Member

6″ Super Ts?.

125mm Cannondale Super V (not the banana swingarm as they cracked) or even better an Uber V 🙂

fridge
    Free Member

Looked at the ASX but something didn’t feel right, always quite liked the Giant DH now I’m reminded of it!

So easy to get carried away though, wondering if 7″ forks be more useable on a burly shorter travel bike then on a full DH bike…

Taff
    Free Member

There was a sintessi bazooka on ebay going for peanuts. Not the tubes one but the original version

GW
    Free Member

don’t really know why you’d want to build up a ropey 10yr old DH bike when there are plenty newer frames for sale for pennies 😕 IIRC SuperTs had pretty long stanchions so as long as it isn’t one of the stupid fixed lower crown models you should be able to just run the stanchions dropped through the crowns to the same A-C height as an 8″ fork and use them on a more modern DH frame without messing up geometry.
    FWIW I still prefer a 7″ fork on my DH bikes to an 8″ so run a stiffer spring rate in my 8″ fork.

walleater

Evil Imperial.

JonR
    Free Member

Intense M1

slimtubing
    Free Member

mate of mine had them on the front of his Gary Fisher Level Betty (remember them?)at the time I thought it was AAAAWWWEESSOOOOMMMEE!
    it was not in retrospect.it was a heavy pig of a bike.

cookeaa

DH HT great fun. ride it for a while convince yourself you need anothed DH bike again. Thus the cycle repeats…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which frame for my 2003 Super-T?’ is closed to new replies.