Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Which DISC BRAKE – CLARKS or FUNN ?
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

After lots of searching, I’ve narrowed it down to TWO makes. Anyone got either and can advise ??
    FUNN F2 TERRAIN CARBON – can only get this in front so rear would be FUNN DROP OUT. Front – £55 100gms lighter, Rear – £59.
    CLARKS SKELETAL. This comes with grips, spare pads, bleed kit too. Front AND rear for £89.99.
    I am into light weight so that front FUNN at 260 gms sounds great – but is it any good ? Would the rear drop out brake take the same pad ??
    Help me decide, please…

TheSlider
    Free Member

…tough eh ?

TheSlider
    Free Member

Anyone having FUNN ?

sambob
    Free Member

I had the Clarks brakes for a while. They were underpowered for me at a light 10 stone, especially compared to my Tektro Auriga brakes. After a month they began to leak so I sent them back. The hose coatings are also very soft so wore out quickly. I’m now back on the Tektros and love the power and reliability. If I were you I’d save a bit more for Shimano Deore or Tektro Auriga

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s probably nothing much wrong with either brake. But if you need spares etc you might struggle to get them. Your £90 will get a really nice set of Shimano Deore/SLX secondhand, or Magura Julie/Louise. Both of these makes are proven and as tough as old boots. That’s where I’d put my my money. In fact I have bought 2 full sets if Deores for £50 & £30 and a full set of Louise Carbons for £125 this year, but less bling ones would have been far cheaper 🙂

Sparx
    Free Member

PP +1, if you have around £100 to spend on a full set I would be looking towards the classified adds. Picked up some good buys in the past. Elixir 5, Shimano, Hayes 9 etc all reliable brakes and far better reviews compared to the two brakes you are looking at..

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Bike “don’t touch the cheaper brands’ snobbery comes to the fore on singletrack shocker 😉

The Funn brake weight will be without rotor I would think. I think there are also some favourable reports on the web about the Clarks….they looked fairly nice on a bike I saw in Halfords. The lever looked quite long but good for moving inboard and braking one finger.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Which DISC BRAKE – CLARKS or FUNN ?’ is closed to new replies.