Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • Which area in YOUR country would you not live?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As a Scot, my nomination is – Scotlands midlands – Hamilton/wishaw/motherwell area. Grim.

You?.

munrobiker
    Free Member

When I lived in Scotland it was either Glasgow and the surrounding area or Fife. I lived in Fife…

Where I am now? The list is long. The south east. The Midlands below the Derbyshire Dales. Sunderland. East Anglia. East Yorkshire. About 2/3rds of the country is pretty grim.

Edukator
    Free Member

Marseille

gears_suck
    Free Member

The one I live in.

fasthaggis

As a Scot, my nomination is – Scotlands midlands – Hamilton/wishaw/motherwell area. Grim.

Houns

Anywhere along the M62 corridor

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Lahndahn.

iainc

Ayrshire – full of sheepshaggin inbred weirdos 🙂

breadcrumb

The South.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ayrshire – full of sheepshaggin inbred weirdos

Getting slower in yer dottage Clow… 😆

jekkyl

yup London, what a nightmare. Full of weirdos and miles and miles away from any decent countryside.

Pigface
    Free Member

Some of North Wales you couldn’t get me to live.

As an economic migrant you couldn’t get me to live in Bournemouth it is just down the road and I loathe the place.

BoardinBob

There are some seriously grim towns in deepest darkest Ayrshire. Patna, Drongan, Dalmellington etc. Shudder.

nemesis
    Free Member

Middlesbrough. I’ve not been to all areas of the UK but Middlesbrough is the one place that I would never even go near to through choice after my visit in the late 90s.

Pyro

Anywhere south of the M62, and a few places north of it as well. Don’t really want to live where I do right now but it’s where the work and the missus are…

iainc

BoardinBob – Member

There are some seriously grim towns in deepest darkest Ayrshire. Patna, Drongan, Dalmellington etc. Shudder.
    easy now, nobeer will be round to sort you out, getting a bit close to home for him … 🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

london. or Wales (sorry Wales) only place I’ve suffered suffered racism directly to my face.

matt_outandabout

I used to live in Toxteth, and on Manor Estate in Sheffield. Ergo, I would live anywhere.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I suffered racism in Wales once, from a small gnarled bore in the corner of the bar here:

… because I’m English.

He got thrown out.

perchypanther
    Free Member

As a Scot, anywhere else except here.

It might be a grim shitehole, but it’s my grim shitehole. Mon’ the Shire!

(edit) Most especially Prestwick. Elvis wouldny even get aff the plane FFS! 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

You can easily pick out the hell holes on this map. The red bits:

Most of the country is lovely.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’d find anywhere other than London/SE to be so intolerably dull as to make life pretty unbearable – just horrid in fact!

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 I was called a second class Welshman because I don’t speak the language, a disgrace to my country and worse than being english; as I said there are some parts of North Wales I wouldn’t live 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Anywhere not in a 30 mile or so radius around the Surrey/Sussex borders where I live now frankly.

Sure there are some lovely bits. But I’m happy here.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Anywhere South of the combined Cumbria / North Yorkshire border.

ton

London and the south east area below it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

5thElifant has it 😆

Blue bits for me, the Red bits I wouldn’t live in.

perchypanther
    Free Member

5thElifant has it

Blue bits for me, the Red bits I wouldn’t live in.

You want to get a more up to date map. All the good red bits and the best orange bits are now yellow.

TheBrick
    Free Member

@pigface I agree RE Bournemouth I live near by too, its not a shit hole but seems to have taken the bad points of London but none of the good points.

Of the places I know I would add the area just north of London and Bradford. Sorry Bradford, near to lots of nice countryside but pretty dire town / city dispite its past glory.

allthepies
    Free Member

Any part of the Greater Manchester conurbation.

Reading.

finbar
    Free Member

Having just last week escaped London, it’s there for me.

Also Rotherham and Barnsley and Wakefield.

DaRC_L

The flat lands of Britain (i.e. Cambridgeshire, Essex, East Anglia, Suffolk, Norfolk, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire)and I would avoid living in a big city

teethgrinder

Anywhere south of the Tyne. And north of the Tyne, and not too far east or west. Where we are we have the right mix of hills and generally nice MTB areas either on the doorstep or not too far a drive away.

Plenty of lovely places to visit and even stay for an extended period, but would hate to live there.

cobrakai

From a poshish village in Ayrshire (mauchline) but wouldn’t live in Cumnock or Auchinleck if you paid me.

Live in Hampshire now so anywhere south of the M27. Have particular contempt for Aldershot and Boscombe.

peterfile
    Free Member

Drongan

😯

I ended up back at a house party a long, long time ago with a couple of (slighty odd) guys from work in Drongan.

I ended up crashing out in a bedroom at about 5am. I was woken up a couple of hours later to find my two “colleagues” taking photos of each others genitals on a disposable camera. I then had to step over a drunk 12 year old with sick all over him since he’d been drinking cider all night. Downstairs was even worse. Someone had decided to throw the dining room table through the patio doors, and a half naked middle-aged man was sleeping on the table (now in the garden). I decided to go outside and see if I could find a taxi. A girl was slumped against the front door, covered in her own vomit and she fell inwards when I opened the door. After two hugely unsuccessful attempts at punching me for waking her up, she fell over and didn’t get back up.

I walked two miles to a petrol station before getting a cab.

Next day at work my colleagues described our night as “brilliant”.

Drongan is not somewhere I’d recommend to tourists!

bigrich

Sydney. Horrid.

Nico
    Free Member

The thought of moving to almost any part of my country (the UK) would fill me with dread, though I suspect much of it would be ok once I’d given it a go.

bigrich

Sydney. Horrid.

slowoldman

That London.

Harry_the_Spider

London – Too expensive.
    Hull – Too Hull.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Which area in YOUR country would you not live?’ is closed to new replies.