Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)
  • Which area in YOUR country would you not live?
  • mooman
    Free Member

Nipper99 – Member
    Port Talbot

Arhh! .. of course. Port Talbot has got to be top of everybodies list.

rene59
    Free Member

I reckon I could and would live quite happily anywhere in Scotland except probably Edinburgh.

scotroutes

Outer Hebrides, Northern Isles. Nice for visiting but too introspective for permanent living, to say nothing of the transport restrictions

edhornby

What about all the places too dull anonymous for anyone to despair of? Eg Wolverhampton. God that’s awful because its so dull, no way would I choose that dump. Been there for training, that was bad enough

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Just moved out of LDN was there for 25 years could never go back, not slagging it off as it’s amazing place to live if you have reason but once you don’t it’s pretty shite. BTW There’s loads of riding there Epping Forest starts right next to East London.

Grew up in Bolton (Horwich) whilst Rivington is ace could never go back either.

finephilly
    Free Member

Worst:
    Wolverhampton (anywhere except Tetenhall)
    Grimsby/Hull/Cleethorpes
    Dover

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Wolverhampton is rather handily placed actually, lots of great road cycling and off roading on the doorstep and has a rich heritage in cycling and bicycle making. Even the architecture in the centre is quite nice, obviously the Mander centre is woeful. looking at it straight out of Compton. 😀

it’s a lot better than somewhere like it’s near neighbour Telford for example.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Compared to where I live pretty much everywhere is shit. But there’s a special place in bile gland for Leyland. Laaahndan I could live with for abit, maybe mMnchester too (again), Edinburgh, maybe. Everywhere else can **** off.

andytherocketeer

Wales.
    Or Basinghole / Boringstoke.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Wondering why you don’t like Bristol

Bristol is actually fine (not spent much time there just a couple of days) but Bath is just down the road and would live there over Bristol. And I didn’t say I didn’t like Bristol 😕

seadog101

Although I like visiting, most of the south east and south coast.

London is great, but for no more than a couple of days. The rest is still just too busy and rat-racey. Even the supposedly quiet country bits seem too full of people.

P-Jay
    Free Member

mooman – Member
    Cardiff and most parts of Newport.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO #

Hang on…. So there’s parts of Newport you would live in, but no where in Cardiff?

That’s pretty much the opposite of what most people say.

wrecker
    Free Member

I live in bristol and I’d like to live in bath, but the motorway access is really shit (needs for work).

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

North Yorkshire or Northumberland the rest of the UK is compromised (shitholes, arseholes’s, shit tips,) I have genuine sympathy for any poor soul who has to live within 50 miles of London – unless your on £500k)

allthepies
    Free Member

Per week darlink.

mogrim

Any of the commuter towns to the south of Madrid – Getafe, Móstoles, Villaverde… assuming by “your country” you mean “where you currently live”.

If “your country” is the same as “your nationality” I probably wouldn’t move anywhere other than London in the UK, and even that would be an effort. Don’t think I could handle the crappy weather.

ononeorange

Slough
    Large parts of Essex
    Newton Heath (tried it!)
    Worksop (tried that too)
    Watford

bruk

Don’t think I could live in any of the big English cities of London, Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool but maybe Newcastle , Glasgow or Edinburgh would be ok.

Want a bit of countryside around me, not too busy but some access to some culture if needed. Cheshire countryside works quite well for me. Much further south gets too crowded but Rutland is nice.

Caher

Slough.

nemesis
    Free Member

100!

sammaratti
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to live anywhere outside of the south west.

Summer time here is the best place to be. Minus all the northern invaders of course.

CountZero

I’d find anywhere other than London/SE to be so intolerably dull as to make life pretty unbearable – just horrid in fact!

Got pretty high standards, haven’t you? Like to give us a list of what that area has that, say the South-west, lacks?
    Oh, re the OP: Calne, Melksham, Trowbridge, Swindon.
    Otherwise I like where I live,

Inbred456
    Free Member

Cleveland and West Yorkshire in the North of England, in fact anywhere that used to have a pit or Colliery.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

**** London. Full of **** ****

Drac

Cleveland and West Yorkshire in the North of England, in fact anywhere that used to have a pit or Colliery.

Doesn’t leave you with many places.

jimw
    Free Member

Definitely central London. I haven’t been there for any reason other than work for 20+ years, And even then it was perhaps once a year, when I had no option. Since I left my last job, I have no intention of ever returning.

Even greater London is a no go area for me unless I feel the need to visit The RAF museum, which I do every five years or so, or to go to Heathrow.

youngrob

Another Scot here, I live in the borders having moved from Midlothian. There are some grim towns arounds there, Gorebridge, Easthouses etc. Don’t fancy having to live there again.

gordimhor

I come from Ayr and would not live in Ayr.

athgray
    Free Member

There are some seriously grim towns in deepest darkest Ayrshire. Patna, Drongan, Dalmellington etc. Shudder.

This. I would add Muirkirk and Cumnock.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Wouldn’t like to live some where that’s many miles away from any decent trails e.g. London

wilburt
    Free Member

Its easier to say where I would live tbh, traffic, pollution etc rules out the cities, grimness dirt and lack of hope rules out much of the north, grim weather the rest. knobends rules out the home counties.
    Your left with the south west and east anglia, neither of which is inspiring but as good as gets for weather and less rammed with goons than most areas.

stewartc
    Free Member

I live in Hong Kong, I would not want to live in any other part of China…ever.

epicyclo

Nowhere south of a line slightly north of Inverness.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Anywhere North of Cambridge

joolsburger
    Free Member

There are some obvious places like Hull, Nottingham, Birmingham etc etc but for me London central first three travel zones, happy to work/visit there but wouldn’t live there again under any circumstances.

Travis

Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Tianjin
    Or any other large city in China.

swavis

As another Scot, anywhere south of Perth 😀

Drac

I can see why those who don’t want to live in the North it’s like you say very grim.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Anywhere East of the A34 (yuck) and north of the A4 (artic wasteland) is out of bounds to me.

Nice riding but not to live.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I can see why those who don’t want to live in the North it’s like you say very grim.

I’m sure people could come up with phtot or reasons why most places listed here are actually nice not really the point of the thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Which area in YOUR country would you not live?’ is closed to new replies.