Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which 27.2 uppy downy seat post?
  • granny_ring

After the many adjustment stops on the ride yesterday thinking of trying one.

I’ve done a search and seen the gravity dropper mentioned and the X-Fusion Hilo.

Would it be better to have one with a remote or is the seat lever ok in use?

Also can anyone tell me the measurement from the minimum insert mark to saddle rail on the Hilo as they’re 380mm long and not sure that’ll be enough for me.

TIA

Nonsense
    Free Member

Make sure you get a remote model. I had a lever activated Joplin and it was a real pain. Gravity droppers are heavy, ugly but work well. Hilo posts are supposed to be pretty good or I think there is a Pure Racing KS post with a piggyback that will fit skinny seatposts.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Are gravity dropper not lighter than joplins?

Junkyard
    Free Member

GD Ugly but do you buy your forks because they look pretty or because they work reliably?
    A dropper post will never be as light as a no dropper one.
    A non remote is pointless IME

granny_ring

Ok cheers. Anywhere got any good deals on GD or Hilos 27.2s and in stock at the mo?

Not heard of the Pure Racing one, they any good?

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/SeatpostsClamps/X-Fusion-Hilo-Seatpost::32988.html

got mine here…

works well using the under the seat lever – but I have two bikes to swop between.

br
    Free Member

How about a ‘who has actually got any 27.2 uppy downy seatposts in stock’ thread?

Leku
    Free Member

as above – cost about £143 and took about 5 days to come.

granny_ring

Cheers Leku, any chance you can measure the distance from minimum insert mark to saddle rail at max length please?

khani
    Free Member

The KS i7 is only 350mmm from the bottom to the rail clamp, they list a 380mm but they don’t actually exist anywhere..

Leku
    Free Member

305mm from saddle rail mid point to minimum insert mark

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont get a lever one seriously try grabbing your crotch every time you want to lower the seat then try changing gear which seems easiest to achieve?
    TBH for the price I would stick with a Quick release seat clamp and normal post rather than a lever mounted one.

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I use a Gravity Dropper Turbo of the up or down two position type and it’s ugly compared to others but I LOVE it! It’s mechanical and easily cleaned and serviced and if you watch your southern regions I love the way it shoots up quickly but I have once caught the my crown jewels – eeak!

I’m spending a lot of money on a new bike and instead of buying a new post I’m going to shim it and use the GD, it just works for me and that’s all that counts.

granny_ring

Cheers Leku. Think action sports have a remote one as well. If it’s not long enough then it’ll have to be a gravity dropper I suppose.

Direct from GD it’s around $320ish plus the usual import duties so not that cheap. Anywhere cheaper……?

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I used to have a Joplin 3 (non remote post), with the benefit of hindsight I should have gone for the remote version. Lowering the post is usually fine, but to raise you have to ride 1 handed while standing up & pulling the lever.

I got rid of the Joplin as it was unreliable, but am now looking at getting a 27.2mm dropper post & switching it between my bikes via a shim (one needs a 27.2mm seatpost, the other a 31.6mm).

From what I’ve heard its a choice between the ugly but reliable Gravity Dropper & the pretty, but higher maintenance KS post. I haven’t heard much about the X-Fusion.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which 27.2 uppy downy seat post?’ is closed to new replies.