Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where to get Lock-On bolts?
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

Hi,

I've rounded off the bolts on my Lock-On grips, anyone know where to get more?

They are M3.5×10, socket cap. Bike shops don't sell em, RS doesn't, Farnell doesn't either. help!

sv

Hate to say this but… Superstar/TiBolts do M3.5x10mm in Ti funnily enough. Not cheap and you do have to take it easy tightening them up (TiBolts Ti is not as good as say Probolts stuff). If you do manage to find some stainless M3.5 let me know as I have been looking for ages for some. Just to add that the SSC ones have worked much much better than the standard soft rusty ones.

…and yes I await the Octopron and flaming.

uplink
    Free Member
    ooOOoo
    Free Member

Nice ones chaps, somehow missed that on CRC!

best I could find was these:

http://microscrews.easywebstore.co.uk/M3-5-X-10-SKT-CAPS-A2-ST-ST_APQBT.aspx

http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-100565.php

Sounds like I wiil be trying good old superstar. Wow and I may save 3-4g too 😛

sv

The Superstar ones are fine really 😉 no rust either. I was surprised how rubbish the original ODI ones are.

therealhoops
    Free Member

lol at sv
    Most light fittings use 3.5mm if you want a quick fix. You might have to saw them down to size but they're readily available from those that mong irons, cheap as fried potatoes as well.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Cheers but you need socket cap to fit the recess on the collars.

sv

Unless you have a bench grinder and grind right around the slotted head whilst also removing some finger/nail in the process. It's a good temp fix.

carlos
    Free Member

I've 4 kicking around in the small parts bin in the shed if there any good, they are off a set of lizard skin lock-ons iirc with allen key heads in silver??

Send me your address via e-mail(in profile)if you want them.

Carl

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Is it just me who thinks £3 for 4 tiny bolts is taking the piss?

z1ppy

Go down you local nut & bolt supplier and ask for a 3.5mm thread with a mushroom head, seemed the easiest to locate and do the job (single slot head), this head will fit in the recess.
    You don't need to tighten lock-on up 'really' tight for them to do there job efffectively

james
    Free Member

"whilst also removing some finger/nail"
    You don't hold stuff in moldgrips/pliers when grinding stuff?

simondbarnes

Is it just me who thinks £3 for 4 tiny bolts is taking the piss?

It's a stupidity tax for hamfisted monkeys 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where to get Lock-On bolts?’ is closed to new replies.