Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where to buy a CCDB
  • SBrock
    Free Member

I want to put one on my Butcher, as the Butcher has a linkage single pivot that manipulates the shock rate, i really think I need it setting up for the bike, me and the trails I ride.

When you look on the Cane Creek site (US) they do actually set it all up for you, but obviously with them being imported to the UK do they come stock and get set up by the UK importer?

thanks

Stevelol
    Free Member

I got mine from TFTuned, you tell them your weight, bike and they put it on a macine (a dyno) to set it up for you.

SBrock
    Free Member

are you happy with it Stevelol

Stevelol
    Free Member

It’s an amazing shock, I have mine on a Transition Covert. It’s incredibly plush, infinitely tunable (but straightforward to do) and can be setup with minimal bob – as less as I could get with a properly set up rp23 and monarch plus.

However, after today’s ride, I was feeling a bit silly with it on, it’s great but the simple fact is the VAST majority of my riding doesn’t put it to use. I would only really get one if you are very fit and don’t mind carting around the extra beef or often ride very rocky fast trails (or DH quite a lot).

I’d like to trade mine for a BOS Vip’r or put a Monarch Plus back on – I had one of these on before the CCDB and it was excellent, definitely better than the stock rp23.

mildred

TF Tuned x 2 for me. As Stevelol says, its all set up for you after some telephone discussion about what you want/need. Be honest though, don’t describe what kind of riding you aspire to, but what you actually do – makes a big difference, TF are also selling them with a bit of doscount at the moment.

SBrock
    Free Member

Weight not reall an issue, run my Butcher with Van 36s and ride the Dark Peak

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a CCDB’ is closed to new replies.