Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Where to bivi ride?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I am planning bivi ride and we are looking at somewhere to head…

I have been looking at the pennine bridalway, but i am not to sure how good this will be.

Any suggestions?

sangobegger
    Free Member

Dingwall to Durness,via Garve/Croick/Oykel bridge/rosehall/glen cassley/corrykinloch/glen golly/gualain/durness.About 100 miles,3 days(or two if youse in a hurry)most of it off road in some of the remotest glens in Scotland.Hotels at Oykel bridge and Overscaig if you hate ruffin it(bit expensive tho – fishing hotels for the well heeled).Plus bike bus from Durness to Inverness.What more could you want.

Nick

Welsh Ride Thing?

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sounds good mate, i was looking at some where a bit closer, I was looking at somewhere around west yourshire/east lancshire.

devs
    Free Member

Wrexham

Dave
    Free Member

The first rule of Bivvy club is self reliance.

OL21 is your friend :o)

ajf
    Free Member

Tempted to do the pennine bridleway as a bivi trip this year myself. Waiting till the warmer months kick in and then will just go for it one fine weekend. Would do south to north and get as far as top of Mary Townley then bike on to Keighley and then canal back to Leeds.

Other one I wanted to do was work out a Carlisle to Leeds route similar idea to The Dales Way walk then catch a train and bike back.

These are just two, I have loads and loads of ideas. Basically get a map and have a play.

Basic ideas usually consist of going a long way away and then biking back.

Chew
    Free Member

Antony – I'm planning something to test my bivi kit before the WRT.

Thinking of getting the train somewhere and biking back to Leeds, maybe Settle or further, or completing a loop from Leeds up to Patley Bridge and back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Where to bivi ride?’ is closed to new replies.