Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)
  • Where is the dullest place you've ever been Mountain Biking?
  • badnewz
    Free Member

Aston Hill. Gone twice, been overcast both days.

porterclough
    Free Member

+1 for FtD at Cannock.

hora
    Free Member

O/T Hmmm whats the dullest F1 race in 2010?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Marin is funny. The proper route is more like a nice ride in the forest. But I could happily nail the final descents all day – probably my favourite trail centre descents because they are getting worn in/out.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sherwood Pines, Flat & boring!

DickBarton

Stirling – I had to use lights and everything to see where I was going…cracking ride though…

cassin
    Free Member

Epping Forest, Dull, Dull, Dull then some dog shit on top to finish it off. 🙂

juan
    Free Member

Winchester. Nice and scenic, but boring as hell.
    Then swinley forest.
    Then lordswood.

tazzymtb

if you take the appropriate bike for the terrain it's never dull.

Flatish trails cannock, thetford etc..take an xc hardtail and keep it in the big ring all day. take a 6" skill compensating lardy big and bimble along in body armor WTF do you expect?

jeez folks, riding bikes is great it doesn't matter where and if you find certain stuff dull I think it's down to your mindset and lack of imagination on how to find things that'll keep you interested.

timmys

The "XC Loops" at both Chicksands and Aston Hill are pretty pointless.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Dalbeatie

Expectations vs reality way off !

porterclough
    Free Member

Flatish trails cannock, thetford etc..take an xc hardtail and keep it in the big ring all day. take a 6" skill compensating lardy big and bimble along in body armor WTF do you expect?

I only have an 80mm travel XC hardtail and Cannock was still boring. Might as well ride around my local park.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Another vote for the New Forest, nice for a wander and to see some birds but not exactly 'mountain biking'.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Essex. 'nuff said.

Drac

I did and it was piss boring. The amount of locals in full body armour and with FS bikes made me laugh.

markfu
    Free Member

The amount of locals in full body armour and with FS bikes made me laugh.

I take it you have a bike for every different type of terrain possible? I agree about the body armour though.

jackthedog
    Free Member

shatton moor, yesterday.

There's a great DH trail that runs from the top down to Bradwell – that livens Shatton Moor up a bit.

Although I agree with Jedi – if it's bikes it's just fun. Commuting, railway trails, DH, BMX, epic XC, whatever and wherever, it's all fun.

Trail centre rides always feel a slight bit tame and futile, but I'm out on the bike with other bikers so it's all still good.

carlosg
    Free Member

A Wetwang area route in the Yorkshire wolds we did a couple of years ago , felt totally uninspired around the whole ride to the point where we cut it short at 15 miles instead of 25.

The weather was a bit rainy and the going was tough but riding around fields is never interesting and I doubt it would've been any better in the dry.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'd say that grums mention of riding an MTB, on the road ( I'll add; into a headwind) gets it,' nothing worse, especially if your used to the speed of a proper road bike
    But a lot of it is about expectations, sometimes going out for a crap pootle can be unexpectedly pleasurable… while on the other hand, I once did a race in Aviemore, I mean AVIEMORE, FFS!, and it turned out to be riding around a pan flat muddy wood for five laps, zzzzzzzz!

GW
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    Come to Peterborough mate and i will remove that optimistic view

I spent a christmas/new year in Peterborough once and IIRC rode a couple of outdooor skate parks, some street in the town centre, XC kinda riding through some parkland stuff and spent a morning at the BMX track and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

riding is what you make of it wherever you are.

hora
    Free Member

Whats the name of that forest in Cheshire? Its soo bloody dull I cant even remember its name. I came across 50metres of nice singletrack there( across the road from some northshore).

hora
    Free Member

Delamere!

tazzymtb

yorkshire- dull people and dull riding 😀

tazzymtb

Hora- Dullamere is more apt

Raouligan
    Free Member

Trails are what you make them really, Epping is quite good fun on a cross bike, although I did see a guy up there yesterday riding around on a Nomad with body armour on, not sure what that was all about ;0)

hora
    Free Member

Epping Forest? I remember it being waterlogged and dull 🙄

tazzymtb

I must be odd. A lot of the places mentioned I rather like, but then again I've been riding mountain bikes on and off for over 20 years so I must just like riding otherwise everything would be bland and dull by now! 🙂

orange
    Free Member

stockport
    chorlton

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I only have an 80mm travel XC hardtail and Cannock was still boring

I see folks rolling up week after week with big 6" full susers and it makes me smile. Some of the off piste stuff is great. FTD is good for a night ride or a blast after work. Then downhill run is great on a HT.

Dullest trails are out of my front door. Shockingly poor. Cannock chase is like Whistler compared to them.

Took my bike here when on holiday once – that was dull (Wells, Norfolk)

ahwiles
    Free Member

There's a great DH trail that runs from the top down to Bradwell – that livens Shatton Moor up a bit.

i know it, it's alright, but definitely not worth the 45minute ride to get there.

Next valley over (Edale), very nice gradual climb, followed by fast gravelanche descent, followed by sublime cheeky trail slowly descending/contouring through sun-dappled forest.

there's even a grumpy farmer to shout cheery greetings at, lovely! 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I started my MTB career as a teeenager living in the Fens of Norfolk.

I really think I win – miles of completely flat farm tracks, with no grdient whatsoever and no trees or features of any kind. At all.

Is there a prize?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

see

el_diablo
    Free Member

The Kona Darkside at Mabie – I don't get it, or maybe I couldn't do it, one or t'other!
    Either way it was a 20 minute excursion for a 20 minute walk followed by a fire road climb back to the red route!

Rickos
    Free Member

I took my bike back to my Mum and Dad's once. Won't bother again. Put together a loop of bridleways that was just like riding the SITS course – field boundary and farm track stuff. I wouldn't mind, but it wasn't even hilly either.

Used to live a few miles East of Norwich. That was very poor unless you were a roadie. Luckily I was at Uni in Newcastle at the time.

plop_pants
    Free Member

For those who don't like Bedgebury, just leave your 6" travel monsters at home and ride something else that makes you think about the way you ride it. It's great on a 'cross bike.

hora
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider that reminds me of some Edward Hopper paintings..

muggomagic

With regard comments about 6in travel and body armour. Where the travels concerned in the riding is tame maybe they are getting the better workout if they have 35lb of bike to pedal round. As for armour I don't see why people mock riders for wearing elbow, knee/shin pads when they wear a helmet for the same trails. Surely if you come off you're just as likely to injure your joints as your head. I don't wear body armour, but I don't sneer at those that do.

Most boring place I've ridden is new forest

toxicsoks
    Free Member

I started my MTB career as a teeenager living in the Fens of Norfolk
    *counts RRRs toes/fingers – 12/10 and 2 thumbs* How's yer sister? 😉

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

bedgebury, swinley and the ridgeway all rate highly on my list

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Where is the dullest place you've ever been Mountain Biking?’ is closed to new replies.