Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Where do old full sus bikes go?
  • Woody
    Free Member

Doesn’t that Sintesi (mainframe) look remarkably similar to several ‘new’ designs !

bi6al
    Free Member

my current steed ,a giant nrs xtc team circa 2004.
    they dont go away they just get upgraded and maintained.

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt210/s9aln/giant%20xtc%20team%20nrs/100_1094.jpg

my first full susser or second if you count a proflex 950 in th 90s.
    will keep it and replace when i find my feet at the trailcentres after a 15yr break.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There was a Trek Y-frame at Swinely today, retrotastic 😀

xiphon
    Free Member

That orange Sintesi was mine! Went through several builds, before it was retired.

Now riding a Patriot ’00, and 222 ’02.

accu
    Free Member

just came back from a 3 hours ride with a good friend of mine..
    she is still riding her 1991 YETI ULTIMATE,
    accutrax fork,campagnolo mtb-parts,factory turqouise powdercoat..
    complete bike is original as I build it for her back then…
    (except tires,chain and brakepads)…

carlosg
    Free Member

Still using my ’02 Gt ruckus i-drive as my gravity bike.

Some of the components have been upgraded and I would like a new frame but just don’t have any spare funds.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Some great frames there. In terms of fs designs that just work, I wonder if bikes from the last decade will have longer lives? They seem more sorted for pedal bob and handling, but the riders seem to want to replace them more often :/

Potdog
    Free Member

My 03 Enduro still gets used on guiding duties. 😀

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Really? the Sintesi is languishing for the lack of a hanger?? How complex is it?

I’m sure any number of the Mech Eng in here could get it made up for you in a workshop. If not, try the local uni.

ferrit32
    Free Member

Some do fall into the hands of Retrobikers, heres my Orange MrO I am working on at the moment.

sb
    Free Member

I stopped riding about 5 years ago due to back problems. Over the last year I’ve been dying to get another bike. Thought it would be wise to go full suss to look after my back, always loved the look of these years ago and found a bargain one on ebay that had been upgraded over the years.
    Recently found a small framed nos one on ebay for good money so built one up for my wife.
    Cant see me changing it really, it still works very well for what I do and feels like it’s the best fitting bike i’ve ever had 😉 to me looks like it could be a current model instead of 2003.

Militant_biker

xiphon – Member
    That orange Sintesi was mine! Went through several builds, before it was retired.

Sorry! I just googled for a picture, couldn’t find a green and lime one quickly, so chose one off of the first page of google images.

CharlieMungus – Member
    Really? the Sintesi is languishing for the lack of a hanger?? How complex is it?

I’m sure any number of the Mech Eng in here could get it made up for you in a workshop. If not, try the local uni.

I gave the 2 snapped bits to a contact at a uni engineering dept. who hung onto it, promising to do something about it, and then promptly lost the bit. IIRC it had extra flanges and lips on it, which would have made it a tricky piece to get made. It was also needing a shock service, and the linkages were getting tired. Coupled with a good deal on a 2nd hand Giant AC frame put paid to reviving it.

Saccades
    Free Member

brother has a trek y3 with a campag mtb groupset and duke forks he still rides regularly, my 89 mustang is in dads garage until there is a world shortage of scaffolding poles

oh and my ancient carrera bugaboo is hanging on a mates garage wall.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Where do old full sus bikes go?’ is closed to new replies.