Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • where do all the old bikes go?
  • nickhart
    Free Member

now i appreciate some go in the bin and some get recycled but where do all the really nice bikes go?
    I used to own a glorious turner xce with all the best bits I could afford at the time. I had to sell it due to being made redundant. the guy who bought it loved it, rode it then it was knicked.
    but what happens to all the really nice bikes, the pace, the turner's the trek y bikes, the cannondale ravens.
    and don't say they all live on retro bike!

meehaja
    Free Member

Trek Y… I really wanted one of them back in the day!

As for where they all go, haven't you ever seen an old person on a really nice bike? They get left in sheds when kids go off to uni, they get put in the back of garages, they get left at mates houses for a long time. they're everywhere!

There's an old guy round our way who rides a fully mud guarded, pannierd (spelling?) orange clockwork with all XT bits… There was an old P7 in the garage at work last year that someone had "borrowed off a mate." the lad who lived across from me last year had a saracen type bike, with chris king headset and XTR Hubs… stuff just gets passed around, frames break and things get forgotten!

neil_1979
    Free Member

They all live on ret……… oh ok

Speaking for myself, my old 'good' bikes are in pieces either in the loft or in the shed, waiting for a day in the future when I shall return them to their former glory (this will probably never happen).

whippersnapper
    Free Member

i tend to keep mine apart from an old blue/silver (93) lavadome which I sold to a friend who still has it by all accounts – lovely bike that

Saccades
    Free Member

I've a trek Y3 in my dad's garage with campagnolo components and RS dukes, think my brother uses it in macc forrest occasionally too.

It's sat next to a raliegh mustang..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘where do all the old bikes go?’ is closed to new replies.