Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Where can I get some stickers printed?
  • Gruenermoench
    Free Member

I’m getting an old frame refinished and need to get some new stickers printed, preferably in vinyl. Anyone know of a good place to get this done? I’ve got the stickers in electronic format.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Gil at thecycleshed.co.uk.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Have a look in your Thomson local directory or check on Google. I got mine done at a local signs and graphics place. Too early to comment on longevity, but they look the badgers nadgers (in my clearly biased opinion!)

IamSam
    Free Member

I can do stickers for you as cut vinyl as still tortoise has above or printed onto vinyl and cut.

Interested?

PGreen
    Free Member

I would be IamSam, I’ve been wondering the same as the original poster.

Andituk
    Free Member

Any sign shop, as stilltortoise says.

a11y

I was planning on trying my local printing shop but good to know that you can do cut vinyl IanSam – by that, I guess you mean there’s no clear sticker around the letters? i.e. the stickers are just the letters?

Sort of related: once applied to a resprayed/powdercoated frame, does anyone bother lacquering over the top of stickers?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My local sign shop did cut vinyl so each letter is an individual sticker, but with a removable backing that makes them easy to attach as one. Not botherer lacquering yet, but was thinking about it. I explained to the sign shop what it was for and they suggested cut vinyl would be ideal

Close up…

PGreen
    Free Member

What sort of cost was it stilltortoise?

a11y

Thanks – those look very good in that close up. I might take a copy of your photo along to the local shop as an example, as that’s pretty much what I’m after.

My older Cotic Soul had similar style stickers for the “Soul” part (in a similar position to that too) that were unlacquered and they eventually wore off, hence me wondering about lacquering them on.

Andituk
    Free Member

For that sort of thing cut vinyl is the way to go for sure, and should be cheap as chips.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

£10 for both sides and I did get them to produce the image whilst I was in the office with them, so I suspect they clawed back some of that (minimal) design time in what is a touch steep for 2 stickers. If I did it again I’d get a lot more done since the cost would not be significantly more (maybe even a custom head sticker!?). I’d pay the same again though. My bike looks ace now it has some customisation on it (IMHO) 😀

IamSam
    Free Member

PGreen, if you are interested then my email is in my profile.

a11y, yeap that’s it exactly but I can also print onto the same material so you can get more than one colour onto the same sticker. Vinyl should stay on pretty well, I have a sticker on the back of my seat tube that has been there since the bike was new but they will wear off if there are rubbed constantly.

personally wouldn’t bother with the faff of lacquering the stickers as it would be easier to just replace any damaged ones.

matt23
    Free Member

Iam Sam…..would consider my fine self and produce a few vinyl stickers for my new steed cumin….much appreciatted if u would consider myself!

IamSam
    Free Member

Matt,

get in touch via the email in my profile and let me know what your after.

Strange naming your bike after a spice……….. may be I shall call my next bike mace.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get some stickers printed?’ is closed to new replies.