Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Where can I find an M960 compatable middle chainring?
  • JonR
    Free Member

Earlier in the year I bought a lovely looking M960 chainset from the classifieds, the seller is one of those prolific types who never posts on the other forums. The cranks arms were immaculate and the rings looked to have some wear. I didn’t fit it for a couple of months and when I did I found the top and bottom rings grip the chain like new but the middle is so worn that I can spin away without any hint of movement and a nasty ratcheting sound.

Does anyone know where I could find a compatible new middle ring for a reasonable price?

wwaswas

Middleburn do a 960 one that’s a lot cheaper than the shimano alternative.

njee20
    Free Member

the middle is so worn that I can spin away without any hint of movement and a nasty ratcheting sound

What, it’s actually round? How was that not instantly apparent!?

There are a few 102mm BCD rings, TA did the Sismic rings which were cheaper as well.

buffalobill
    Free Member

Or Blackspire – which I found were easier to get hold of.

ojom
    Free Member

We have one of these in the shop in damaged packaging. Was ordered for someone who never collected it.

You can have it for peanuts. 32t 102bcd V style – (i,e for use with a 22t granny), £35 posted- it’s Shimano proper.

If you want it, call Adam in the shop (i am at home) and he can sort you out. We can do paypal for it.

JonR
    Free Member

Cheers all. Now I know that I have options at least.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Where can I find an M960 compatable middle chainring?’ is closed to new replies.