Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where are all the 9spd bargains?
  • IHN

Seeing as everything seems to be going 10spd, where’s are all the discounted end of line 9spd stuff? I’d have thought there’d be quite a lot from the like of CRC, Wiggle etc.

I’m after some cranks and I’m disappointed by the lack of bargains 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

most people are still on 9spd….

starsh78
    Free Member

i’ve just gone back to 9 speed. 9 speed is the new 8 speed so there won’t be any bargains for about the next 8 years.

take into account that a lot of £4-500 bikes are now 27 speed its more popular than ever!!

🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Prices are more likely to go in the other direction as 9-speed users snap up the last of the stock of higher end stuff before it’s all discontinued.

PaulD
    Free Member

Check these out at £65 new with warranty.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/shimano-fc-t661-lx-triple-chainset-44-32-22t-170mm-id49056.html

Mine are 908g, so same as SLX triple, came with XT BB70 and no chainguard.

Bargain.

PaulD

IHN

Cheers Paul, but I’m after 175mm cranks.

Grr. You’re all right, I know, but grr…

wwaswas

cheap higher end 9 speed was around due to the amount of OEM kit being used.

Now most new bikes come with 10 speed there’s less XT/XTr etc 9 speed kit required so prices will rise as it’s going to be retail boxed, on the whole.

nwill1
    Free Member

I was told rosebike have slx cranks at £85!?

nbt
    thomthumb
    Free Member

9sp pricing is erratic.

bought a (road) fr mech for £7. 2 weeks later it’s £21. now £15.

orena45

PaulD – those are ‘new’ LX cranks, which is now a touring groupset, no longer MTB (SLX replaced the LX mtb groupset).

PaulD
    Free Member

o,

I know they are from the Trekking groupos, but weighing all the components and close examination shows the rings to be a steel granny same as SLX, composite 32T same as XT and SLX, 44T is a silver version of the SLX. BB70 is XT level, cranks weigh same as XT and SLX triple but have a covered axle and a sealed preload screw.

At £65 they are a bargain.

I can live with it saying T661 inside the crankarms.
    The LX will undoubtedly rub off the outside.

PaulD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the 9spd bargains?’ is closed to new replies.