Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • What's your excuse?
  • robinbetts
    Free Member

So what's your excuse for being sat at home reading STW, and out on your bike on such an awesome day?

I've got to build a wardrobe, from scratch, not one of those flat pack ones! And broken hand still needs a couple more weeks to fully heal. Really wish I was out on my bike! 🙁

Bregante

wife's away (all weekend) dairn sairff and I'm looking after the offspring – managed an hour with them in the bike trailer yesterday but it's getting a bit small for them both now and it was a bit cramped/hot/uncomfortable so I had to knock it on the head 😥

BoardinBob

Rear wheel's in the LBS after breaking a couple of spokes yesterday 🙁

_tom_
    Free Member

Revision.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I'm revising as well 🙁

flip
    Free Member

I was out at 8am, did 2 hrs road riding, got the rest of the day to chill 😉

lunge

Already been out for a couple of hours and am now relaxing before hitting the supermarket. Oh joy.

william
    Free Member

Another one for revision here too. 🙁

momo

I'm lazy…and recovering from t'other halfs grad ball last night.

Will be heading out a bit later though, and I've got the day off work tomorrow so will be out for a longer ride then.

spock
    Free Member

already got 2 and a half hours in and cleaned the bike, fear of sunburn has now brought me indoors, riding in this weather is, as you'd imagine, quite hot.

edoverheels
    Free Member

Broken Pelvis. I have a sick note and everything.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

****' cold is producing a lot of green snot so prudence dictates that Aberfoyle SXC is not a good idea.

May go for a tour of the neighbourhood later, though it's about to start pishing down here…

IdleJon

I'm in work!

Would normally go out for a ride later on this evening, but have managed to give myself a rather nasty groin strain while training for a marathon next month.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Rear wheel's in the LBS after breaking a couple of spokes yesterday

unless I were intending to go jumping I'd ride with up to 4 broken spokes 🙂

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Rode into w*rk this morning but am stuck here 'til 20.00. 😥

_tom_
    Free Member

unless I were intending to go jumping I'd ride with up to 4 broken spoke

Both my bmx wheels are missing a few spokes! Seems to make **** all difference, but they are 48h

crispo
    Free Member

Got my last university final tomorrow so going to have to wait till tomorrow evening!

Dibbs
    Free Member

Too hot here, I'm waiting till this evening, there'll be fewer walkers on the Quantocks then as well.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hangover of doom. Chundering etc.

Not good.

specialone
    Free Member

Still recovering from smashing my shoulder a few weeks ago and still in pain 🙁

jacko54321
    Free Member

gonna go on the quantocks later when its cooled down a bit,

RichPenny
    Free Member

Just got back 🙂 Cleaning myself up a bit then heading into town to meet someone for a roast dinner.

firestarter
    Free Member

took the weekend off after nearly 2 weeks riding, big road ride tomorrow. been off 2 weeks and still 1 to go 😉

rOcKeTdOg

BBQ hangover,riding later though

z1ppy

Got in at 4.30 this morning after a friend cracking 40th celebration. Can feel the alcohol sweating out my pores, had a great ride yesterday anyways

kiwijohn

It's nearly midnight here & I've got work tomorrow. & been studying most of the day.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

my last exam ever (i hope!) is on tuesday… however i have ridden for the last 3 days, slept on a beach last night, and will hopefully be hitting the gym later. wed and thurs will be going to laggan, blairsomethingorother and golspie. then fri and sat hopefully SW scotland. a week later i'll be on my way to norway for a week or so cycling, then i've just got 2 weeks to finalise my fitness for 5 weeks at bikevillage

8)

takisawa2

Wife indoors writing essay on history of midwiffery. Me under gazebo, just about to get in paddling pool with kids. 🙂
    Cant complain though, rode MachX Fri night & Tarw at CyB yesterday. Might try sneak a lap of the Monkey when cools down before dark.

devs
    Free Member

I have a brain haemorrhage. Hope to recover enough by evening time for a blast around the woods though.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Riding later when it cools down and everyone buggers off.

Edric64
    Free Member

+1 for riding later

carlosg
    Free Member

Just dug a drainage ditch in the back garden and now supervising the wife cutting some steps into a slope

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Been in Afan since Friday. I am battered, bruised and burnt. Going for a spin when it cools down later but for now STW, telly and food.

samuri
    Free Member

Been out this morning for a road ride, just cooking a chicken for a nice salad and then I'll head back on, possibly for a bit of mountain biking.

Sandwich

3 hour road ride earlier with partner. Now admiring comedy tan lines and re-hydrating.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Recovering from viral induced Pericarditis and Myocarditis, banned from riding for 4 weeks. 🙄

Still, grateful it didn't kill me and all that…

Trimix
    Free Member

My front forks are leaking air faster than I can pump it in, my mates bike has stuck pistons so when I rode it the front brake jammed on, the back brake is now doing the same – Im doomed. Perhaps I should drink beer for the rest of the day.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Knacked me back – six weeks off the bike so far, hopefully not too many to go….

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Paintball Training… but going out biking in an hour 🙂 Going to be truly fast asleep by 9 i reckon…

tootallpaul

I'm in Ethiopia, and its election day, and we have been advised to stay indoors on safety grounds.

Which is a shame as I finally have my bike, and I built it this morning!

and my daily bike…

Excuse my very Ethiopian saddle cover…

:o)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What's your excuse?’ is closed to new replies.