Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What's wrong with this picture
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Looks small for how tall you must be with that seat. Are you a freak perhaps?

Hoods look fine though if it’s an ergo bar. I like having flat tops onto flat hoods, but on the bars I have I can never reach the drops properly set up like that. Doesnt’ really look like an ergo bar though, looks a bit like you have levers with reach adjust that are adjusted a lot.

elliptic
    Free Member

I’m 5’6″ and fairly standard proportions… I think.

The bar is a Ritchey ergo shape but with a shallower drop than usual, the lever reach is indeed adjustable (they’re SRAM Rival) and wound in a bit.

It’s a normal sort of length, 530mm effective TT, just a really short seat tube. In fact it’s exactly the same TT as this:-

– which I did most of my winter training on.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Your training bike is more acceptable than your best bike even though it has a triple on it.

tonyd

Mister P +1, that’s a fine looking winter bike (despite the triple).

elliptic
    Free Member

I knew that was coming 🙂

wwaswas

you need to weed along the bottom of that wall, too.

elliptic
    Free Member

Ah now that’s Mum’s wall. With a proper English country garden over the other side of it.

MrSparkle

Good luck with the FW, btw. Proper event. Going for a sub 7?

elliptic
    Free Member

Cheers… sub 7 in my dreams, the forecast is thundery rain in the morning then a southerly headwind to bash into all the way back from Whinlatter, so I’ll be happy with anything sub 8.

mogrim

Nothing wrong with a triple 😳

And that’s a proper wall, properly maintained. Touch of rustic decadence.

tinribz
    Free Member

Front cables too short, rear too long.

Two bottle cages…

Thompson on a road frame…

Padded seat.

Chain on small front ring.

Valves should be obscured by frame.

Tyres look a tad fat?

Put the seat back and try some flat bars, then it’s like the best hybrid ever.

Basil

Is use of black split link acceptable?

elliptic
    Free Member

Now I’m back in front of a computer I’m going to revive this thread to say the only part of my anatomy which stayed dry all day on Sunday was… my backside. Comedy mudguards FTW!

(Except when I spilled hot tea down my tights in the car on the way to the start, but that was strictly speaking my own fault…)

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong with this picture’ is closed to new replies.