Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)
  • whats better, cats or dogs?
  • unklehomered
    Free Member

Ah! But cats read Singletrack

Pah. Dogs are too gnar to just sit about and read magazines

Uplift, now human!

khani
    Free Member

See, I knew this would happen, needy bloody cat owners posting pictures of their baby substitutes.

Now now, have you tried to sudocrem a cat?

MSP

Pictures or it didn’t happen…..
    …DOH!

Drac
    bearnecessities

MSP – Member

See, I knew this would happen, needy bloody cat owners posting pictures of their baby substitutes

Absolute rubbish. They’re not baby substitutes at all, no way.

See? Nothing odd here at all.

CountZero

Not once have I had to clean cat poo off my bike, my shoes, or myself.

I have, twice, because someone’s little precious chose to shit in the gravel by the side of my car, directly below the drivers door. Stank the car out.
    I still prefer cats to dogs, but I’m sadly allergic.

kimbers

dogs are better

cats have ruined the internet

^^^^^ see all the dreadful pictures above

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m allergic to dogs, so he probably shouldn’t sleep in my room (or on my bed when I’m feeling particularly soft of ‘its very cold’ 😳 )

teethgrinder
    TuckerUK
    Free Member

If we compare cats and dogs to ladies, we find that cats are the intelligent sophisticated lady, who has her own hobbies and interests, isn’t needy, but neither is she afraid of love and affection.

The dog on the other hand is the dim bint who keeps following you around, who thinks everything you do somehow involves or concerns her, and to make matters worse, her personal hygiene standards are a matter for concern.

footflaps

This is Button Starship!

Very hansome.

unklehomered
    Free Member

@TuckerUK

But for mine, blonde – with a fancy hat!

I think for cats you need to add, “and sees many other people behind your back, all of whom assume they are the only one” – while for dogs “and are blindly loyal, even when mistreated, starved and beaten”. Its sad, but its true.

peteimpreza

[/url] Boot by peteimpreza, on Flickr[/img]

Meet Boot.

Now living with his second STW family

moonsaballoon

Both

footflaps

Your dog has purple eyes!

samuri
    Free Member

I tend to look at it this way. If both animals were human, which one would you be friends with?

Cat – self centred, self obsessed, useless in a proper fight that doesn’t involve staring at each other for five hours, lazy, treats you as a heat source, treats you as a food machine, only comes to see you when it wants something, constantly preening itself, thinks it owns you.

Dog – Insanely loyal, will kill and die for you, good in a fight, accepts you are the master and all you do is right, always wants to go out and do stuff with you, friendly because it likes you, strong sense of family, good hoover, knows damn well you own it and is happy about it.

So you have to question the morals of those people who prefer cats at the end of the day 😉

A picture?
    This one shows that cats don’t understand the rules. It’s supposed to run god-damn it!

run by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M_MAGGIOx-A[/video]

chunkypaul
    Free Member

this one cracks me up every time

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Dog – Insanely loyal, will kill and die for you, good in a fight, accepts you are the master and all you do is right, always wants to go out and do stuff with you, friendly because it likes you, strong sense of family, good hoover, knows damn well you own it and is happy about it.

So you have to question just how needy are those those people who prefer dogs at the end of the day

FTFY 😉

yunki
    Free Member

“If cats looked like frogs we’d realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That’s what people remember.”

? Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

loddrik
    Free Member

Dogs stink and are too much of a burden.

Cats are so easy to own, although I only ever have Siamese as they have so much more personality than most cats.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We had a cat that was a stray/feral & it was an absolute barsteward. A local farmer came in one day & said ‘I’ve got a complaint to make about your cat, It’s just chased my sheepdog over the field’
    It used to run up behind you & bite your ankles (the cat, not the sheepdog) It brought a dead Stoat to the door once as well. It also once chased another cat up a telephone pole & sat at the bottom for five hours till we got her indoors & the other cat could escape. She got caught in a rabbit snare while she went missing for four days & lived to tell the tale. (or should that be ‘tail’)
    Great moggie!

samuri
    Free Member

A cat that can kill a stoat is a hard mofo indeed.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

And it’d be naff all use when you got there.

Dogs for the win (I have both, by the way).

edhornby

Our cat Smokey is great, he’s friendly, patient with the 2yr old daughter who is all over him, well behaved and a brutal killer (pigeons and squirrels) – even tho he did go awol last week for about 6 days and then turned up like nothing had happened after we had flyered and hammered the social media…

taking out a stoat is a serious hunter!

philconsequence
    Free Member

mightymule
    Free Member

Well…

from experiance of owning both…

Cats generally do not slobber all over you (with the exception of Stupid Black Cat Mk II who dribbles like a leaky tap), and when they are sick, they don’t generally produce enough to fill ALL your shoes at once (which was gross).

However.

Dogs do not generally leave dead rats in the kitchen for you to find at six o’clock in the morning. Nor do they scream the house down because they have got themselves stuck to the carpet (Stupid Black Cat Mk II again…)

Swings and roundabouts really 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 28 posts - 121 through 148 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘whats better, cats or dogs?’ is closed to new replies.