Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • What would you have done?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

Driving back to the house today, about 200yards from my street.

I saw a blind fat guy with a stick in front of him, feeling his way along the street. He managed to sweep his stick past a sign post without hitting it and the inevitable impact with signpost ensued.

I burst out laughing in the car, then thought was I meant to laugh at that or not.

Would you have

1. Lauged out loud and told people about it.
    2. Stopped to see if he was ok.
    3. Stopped and stolen his stick.
    4. Not laughed and felt sorry for him.
    5. Other (must state)

redthunder
    Free Member

wtf and 2.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

Just move on as he should be alright.

Even with eyes we still run into lamp post sometimes.

hugor
    Free Member

Geez man that’s not a good sense of humour.
    I hope he was ok.
    Grow up.

scaredypants

2, then 1 (hopefully with him if he’s not hurt)

falkirk-mark

6. Trolled the internet with it that night

convert

Having worked with a blind athlete for a year and got into his mindset a little:-

1. Been hesitant about offering too much help as their get proper tetchy about that.

2. Been happy to have a little snort as they rip the piss out of each other about this sort of thing. I’ve never heard as many “what did the blind guy…” type jokes as when mixing with them.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I would have found that funny then asked if they were ok.

Esme
    Free Member

And who else will admit to texting in the street, and walking straight into a lamp-post . . . . 😳

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Always offer help, don’t be offended if they say no. A friend of mine who is a wheelchair user had a good line when folk offered him help to get in his car or similar ” no thanks, I am in a hurry” – think about it 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Laughed then stopped to see if he was ok.

chewkw
    Free Member

I was looking at some birds’ rather round chicks when I ran actually walked into the lamp post. Those lethal tights …

They were wearing those tights (whatever you call them this day … you know those aerobics re-fashioned) that were so stretched I could practically see everything … inside … yes … inside …

Drac

1 then 2 anyone who says not 1 is lying.

Cougar

In all honesty, probably 4. Shadenfreude, not big on the yuks for me.

I should probably do 2, but I’d feel awkward and a bit condescending. It’s a signpost, not a steamroller.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

1 then 2 anyone who says not 1 is lying.

wrong and very wrong

Trampus
    Free Member

I saw a blind fat guy …………and the inevitable impact with signpost ensued.

If the impact was with his head, I would have been concerned, so 2. If with his gut, then 1.

I’d have laughed, just the same as I would if a sighted person had clattered into a lampost.

If he’d fallen down injured, I’d have shown some concern and made sure he was ok, just as I would had it been a sighted person.

If he was ok, then I’d have left him be, just as I would have a sighted person……

…..then carried on pissing myself laughing.

Some of you effin tools need to stop being so bloody self-righteous just to make yourselves feel better about your miserable dour lives.

BoardinBob

seosamh77
    Free Member

1. somebody walking into a lampost is hilarious whether they are blind or not, but then I’d have offered him a lift somewhere if he was really struggling.

globalti
    Free Member

I would have written to the local paper insisting that all street furniture should be painted flouro yellow and those red knobbly paving slabs put all around the posts.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Some of you effin tools need to stop being so bloody self-righteous just to make yourselves feel better about your miserable dour lives.

Yes, ‘cos we’re the ones who have something lacking in our lives, clearly. 🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RkuXPj3Q4[/video]

hughjardon
    Free Member

But would have nicked his wallet while checking he was ok.

Yes, ‘cos we’re the ones who have something lacking in our lives, clearly.

Being precious certainly isn’t something lacking in your life, is it?

Try not being offended by everything, it’s sometimes fun and you might like it.

emma82
    Free Member

Stopped to see if he was ok if he looked like he was struggling to get sorted, if he bumped into the post he’d obviously lost his bearings full stop and could probably have needed someone to help him get re-oriented. I wouldn’t have laughed, and I’m not lying. I don’t tend to laugh unless someone falls on their arse, that nearly reduces me to tears and I’ve no idea why, I dont like it when I fall over!

Edit: actually – this is quite funny:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoFRVHEbCRo&feature=related

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘What would you have done?’ is closed to new replies.