Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What waterproof jacket around £40?
  • dawson

need a waterproof jacket around £40, so have seen this;
    Altura Nevis
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-nevis-waterproof-cycling-jacket/
    and
    Endura Rebound
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18074
    or maybe at a push, this
    Endura Laser 2
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=37304

anybody tried these or other suggestions around this price?

thanks in advance.

grum
    Free Member

No experience of those particular jackets, but I’m not sure I would buy anything made by Endura again tbh, while all my Altura stuff has been fine.

dawson

oh, thats a bugger, I was kind of leaning towards the Endura Rebound.

Is Endura quality that poor universally, or do they suffer from the odd ‘made on a friday afternoon’ item?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ive got quite a bit of endura gear and have had no issues at all- i really like my event jacket

grum
    Free Member

The Endura Singletrack shorts I’ve got are very poor imo – uncomfortable, horrible material and they fell apart very quickly.

Like I said I’ve no experience of the jackets though.

z1ppy

a different sugestion..Decathlon Forclaz 900 (Soft) as I’ve found any waterproof jacket without pit-zips is useless (to a sweaty bugger like me).
    Though it not something you can pack down and carry in your bag, it’s been great for the last few months as an outer, and I just layered up for temperature underneath & use the pit-zip to regulate.
    It’s obviously no Gore Phantom, and has limitations, but it’s been great value

speaker2animals

I’ve never had any issues with Endura kit though some on here seem to have. I’ve never had as much Altura kit but TBF that’s always been good too.

windowshopper
    Free Member

A few quid over your £40 mark at £49.99, but I am contemplating this: The Decathlon Rain jacket 7.

Anyone had any experience of it?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Don’t be put off by the odd negative comment about the Endura stuff – you’ll get it on anything you post on here – everyone has an opinion and people will have had different experiences with different manufacturers, so good and bad points will always be raised….

I use Endura stuff (not a jacket), but shorts & short liners and NEVER had any issues with them and I would imagine the shorts would take more of a hammering over time than a jacket??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Not impressed with the longevity of the Endura Singletrack shorts (stitching failures), but I do like my Endura soft-shell and winter gloves.

aikon
    Free Member

Rebound is showerproof not waterproof, Laser 2 is waterproof

granny_ring

I’ve got an older Nevis jacket. It’s very good but it does get a bit hot, it’s got velcro cuffs and pit zips which help a bit.

Trekster
    dawson

Ta for the other replies folks – I’d kind of settled on getting the Laser 2, but hadn’t got round to ordering it yet.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

This jacket is great.. got 2 of them, can’t fault them..

dawson

but really? SPEG??? who thinks up the names!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What waterproof jacket around £40?’ is closed to new replies.