Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What tape sticks to bone?
  • Smee
    Free Member

I've tried gaffa tape, sellotape, insulating tape, parcel tape and masking tape – none of them stick. Any ideas?

Pigface
    Free Member

😯

Smee
    Free Member

Have I finally came up with a question that the STWoracle has now answer for?

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Drywall tape?

uplink
    Free Member

Gorilla tape

robgarrioch

Is it possible to wrap tape right around bone so you're sticking the tape to itself? Duct tape if so.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just carry on sawing, it's too late now! And stick the head in the fridge trophy style.

😈

dmiller
    Free Member

wet fresh bone or old dry crumbly bone?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it clean dry bone or is there still bits of flesh stuck to it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I'm surprised that you have not had any luck with gaffa/duct tape 😕

Did you make certain that the bones were completely dry after boiling them to remove any residual flesh ? 💡

How did you depose of the flesh btw ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Joint tape.

TN
    Free Member

<Sits back with cup of tea, intrigued and slightly disturbed.>

Smee
    Free Member

It's pretty old human bone which has a fairly greasy surface.

Edit: removed explanation of why…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can't you clean the greasy surface with paint thinners?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It's pretty old human bone which has a fairly greasy surface

You've got an italian waiters skeleton? Wierdo.

Smee
    Free Member

Gary_m – it seems that that's what the surface of human bone feels like. If anyone knows any better…

Suggsey
    Free Member

I would have thought that fly paper would act as the ideal sticky tape or make your own tape with cow gum spray and some form of other waterproof tape ie gaffer tape cow gum would I assume because of its make up sink into the bone quite nicely. You had a cadava for christmas or something?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can you paint the bit you want to stick tape on? Emulsion with some sand in – wait till it's dry then stick the tape to that.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Self amalgamating tape from Maplins or RS components or the like, then gaffa over the top.

It won't stick to the bone, but it will stick to itself and give the bone greasy or not a covering that the gaffa will stick to.

carlos
    Free Member

Glue it instead??

jahwomble
    Free Member
    Smee
    Free Member

Success – draft insulation tape. It may well be that the bone now has loads of glue on it though.

I'm mocking up some ligaments as a study aid. I have a pile of human bones and am going to stick them altogether as a fun way of learning where all the ligaments go.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I bet thats all that my body will be good for come the time to donate it to 'science' 😛

nickc

as a fun way of learning where all the ligaments go.

Hours of endless entertainment…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have a pile of human bones and am going to stick them altogether as a fun way of learning where all the ligaments go.

Isn't it a bugger when you get something delivered without proper assembly instructions ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What tape sticks to bone?’ is closed to new replies.