Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What synthetic double sleeping bag?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

We like camping and need some new bedding. MsD is asthmatic and is highly allergic to down so any sleeping bag needs to be 100% synthetic filling.
    She’s also a complete heatsink, so we ideally need a 3/4-season super warm bag – which is a bit of a bugger ‘cos i am going to wake up in a puddle of sweat 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Just as an aside – I’ve always found double sleeping bags to be a bit drafty/cold. The gap at the top between you just lets all the warm air out 🙂

You could always get a couple of synthetic single sleeping bags with opposing zips – so you can zip then together if you want (or not if you’ve fallen out!) You could even buy two of different warmths.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That would be my ideal solution but apparently if i want to sleep in a different bag i’m somehow a bad person… 😆

Don’t know why anyone would want to snuggle up to me after a marathon ride but hey, i can’t smell me!

jonba
    Free Member

I’d also say two singles zipped together. You are more likely to be able to wash them as well. You can get them in square shapes rather than the more common mummy style.

wallop

I’d rather take a blanket and two sheets.

AlanMc100
    Free Member

Hi MD,
    May have a solution for you ……….
    Me and Mrs Mc bought a nice Vango double sleping bag with zips on both sides (only about £60) plus a fleece ‘throw’ (only another £8)
    We drape the throw over her side, and I can zip my side down and lob my leg out to cool down when it gets a bit hot – result !!!
    Worth a try.
    Cheers
    Alan

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cheers Alan, that sounds like a good solution!
    How small does it pack down?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Have a look at the Marmot Wave series.

As long as you get opposing zips. You can mix and match between the different bags. Get a 3/4 for the Mrs and a 2 for yourself. The 4 might be better as it will compensate for having an edge open to your chilly bag!

Edit: I have started taking a duvet as long as I’m with the car. So much warmer. Just make sure you have something warm underneath! No good having a warm bag if your lying on the floor!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Chris – we have a double airbed with a fleece blanket on top to keep off the ground chill, just that the old sleeping bags we have are well past their best and need a duvet on top to keep us warm. Looking for a decent double so we can dispense with the duvet etc.

MsD’s car is only a Ford Ka and when we have two bikes on the roof and a tent/camp kitchen/bedding and personal kit inside it gets a bit cramped!

AlanMc100
    Free Member

Sorry for the slow reply MD,
    The sleeping bag packs down into a roll that is about 30cm x 40cm, and the fleece throw will just stuff into any gap in the general pile of camping gear in the boot.
    Cheers
    Alan

stumpy01

Can’t remember the exact model, but we got a Coleman double sleeping bag for camping trips a while back. It’s excellent – really warm. But it doesn’t pack very small. In fact it’s a monster. But we only ever go camping with the car, so the size is fairly irrelevant.

Northwind

Quite a few of Decathlon’s single bags can be combined too.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What synthetic double sleeping bag?’ is closed to new replies.