Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • what shorts for a fat fecker??
  • renton
    Free Member

Im needing a new pair of cycling shorts as the pad in my cheapo decathlon ones is now nothing more than a piece of paper.

im looking for a nice set of baggies with a decent liner/pad in them .

need to be for the larger rider (40 inch waist!!)

what can you recommend looking at??

cheers

steve

Hairychested
    Free Member

Alternatively a pair of Race Face baggies.

megastream
    Free Member

GoreBikeWear clothing is quality, bit expensive but i've tried cheap and false economy if you ride a lot.

obirobkeno
    Free Member

My brother couldn't find any shorts that fit him (he's about the same waist as you, renton) so we picked up some lycra shorts (£25-ish) and a pair of combats from Millets (£10). ok, the shorts aren't ideal for riding, but he's got what he wants… Hope it helps. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Just paint them on.

GSter
    Free Member

I struggled to find a decent pair of baggys for my rather fat arse.
    Eventually took a punt at: http://www.hossmtb.com

Have a couple of pairs and a few shirts and they have stood the test of time over 2 years….no rips, tears and still doing a great job.

Factor in 'import duty' and they are comparable to the norm available for the 'boy size' bikers I ride with.

renton
    Free Member

GSter,

how did you go about ordering from their website??

how do you find the sizing ?

cheers

steve

mavisto
    Free Member

Have you had a look at Aerotech Designs ?

Quality stuff and although they're not exactly cheap, not too bad either.

ojom
    Free Member

We've just hung out the new Dakine range of shorts this morning. Very nice kit and, ahem, generously sized it appears.

muddy_fox
    Free Member

reminds me of "what's E.T. short for?"

ratadog

Oooh I sympathise with this problem, took me ages to track down shorts that weren't sized for whippets ( for the record, for any cycle clothing manufacturers or retailers reading this, XXXXXL does not mean fits 34 inch waist in any normal universe ).

Agree about Aerotech designs. And also about Hoss Technical Gear in the US who do shorts for Clydesdales as the yanks put it – they don't appear to have a distributor or outlet over here which is a shame and their website failed to acknowledge the existence of any country outside the USA last time I looked, although they have supplied me direct before now for the cost of an overseas phone call. More recently I sourced a second pair through ebay from a dealer in the USA with no problems.

Finally Wiggle's own brand DHB do big sizes ( and XXL comes up at about 44 inches ) although they seem to be temporarily out of stock of baggies.

ratadog

any country outside the USA

Just checked, they now acknowledge the existence of Singapore and Tijuana ( although possibly think that they are in the USA – website lists them with US retailers ), plus Canada, South Africa and Israel. Surely there is someone on here who wants to pick up the UK rights?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

muddy_fox – Member
    reminds me of "what's E.T. short for?"

'cos he had Little legs? :mrgreen:

renton
    Free Member

has anyone dealt with aerotech before??

if so whats the quality like and how do they come up size wise??

cheers

steve

renton
    Free Member

oh and i just tried a pair of xxl endura humvees on in the shop and they were tight??

mavisto
    Free Member

Aerotech are pretty true to size and everything is measured in inches. The quality is good because Americans wouldn't accept anything else (well maybe not Harley Davidson in the 70's).

If you get some for the lady in your life, womens sizes are a bit different, but the mens is pretty standard.

International shipping is from $13.25 for up to 4pounds.

luke
    Free Member

I've bought Hoss direct in the past and been impressed with the service.
    But recently have sent them some emails and not heard a response despite it being a over a couple of week period.

ton

42'' waist here.
    i use mace, altura, endura, karrimor and dhb.
    xxl in most fit, xxxl is better.
    oh and cannondale too.
    just bought some £100 gore 3/4s in xxl, cant even zip them up…way too small.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I am a 42 waist Renton and Ive had the same problem. I now use Fox Sergeant shorts and they are the only ones that fit me. They are really stretchy and are available to try on in Evans or any normal bike shops. Give em a try

ratadog

Aerotech are pretty true to size and everything is measured in inches. The quality is good

+1

gwaelod
    Free Member

Lampre replica roadie kit is what you want mun

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘what shorts for a fat fecker??’ is closed to new replies.