Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what shoe's for £80 ish
  • grizzer
    Free Member

as above,iam liking shimano 161 or 123….

mboy
    Free Member

I believe, though I may be wrong, the 161’s are just a newer, restyled version of the 123… And the 123’s are £67 on Chain Reaction at the mo.

I’ve got the cheaper M086’s and they’re great for summer shoes, wouldn’t want to ride them through the wet and muddy conditions prevalent at the moment though. Winter boots for that!

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

5 tens

flyingfox
    Free Member

Shimano or Spiuk. Lakes for serious quality at low cost. However, recommending someone shoes is tricky – all shoes are different sizes, both length and width – I like narrow shoes simply because I have narrow feet. Try some on at some shops?

grizzer
    Free Member

i’ve heard its best to go up a size with shimano ?

13thfloormonk

Not necessarily, I’m a 44 in the M066 Stormtrooper shoe, and also a 44 in specialized shoes, but a size 44 shimano road shoe was too tight, a size 45, too long.

Its all a bit random I think.

mboy
    Free Member

I’m a 44 in pretty much everything.

Yet to find a shimano shoe in 44 that even remotely fits! Yet I’ve owned probably 8 pairs of shaman shoes over the years, all in size 45, and they’ve all fitted superbly!

Read into that what you will…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wear a 42 in DC trainers, 43 in Shimano cycling shoes and a 44 in Pearl Izumi running shoes. So trying on is pretty much essential.

Trekster

Yup, one or two sizes up for me in Shimano. Liking Shimano atm, got winter boots and DX for summer wear which are a bit heavy but a comfy all day shoe and good for the shops.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what shoe's for £80 ish’ is closed to new replies.