Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • What running tights?
  • Stuey01
    Free Member

Decathlon own running brand (Kalenji) have a selection, have various ventilating and reflecting panels, all do the job and are cheap.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered some Nike ones off of Wiggle. I was going to get some 3/4’s but…

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, after tonights run, I can say for sure shorts are fine. I think I would feel too hot in leggings/tights.

Now excuse me, I have to go extract my testicles from inside my body now…..

emsz
    Free Member

I was blooooodyyy freeeeeeezzzzzzzing

nip-on!! LOL

nicko74

That’s the thing; most of the year in the UK shorts are fine – down to about 1 or 2C it’s plenty warm enough. Actually even beyond that I used to be OK, and just tucked myself into a sock before putting my short on; but I do now have tights for colder than that…

Jamie
    Free Member

Thing is, my legs etc were fine, and have been down to -5. Also, I run mostly off road, so it’s easier to wash the mud off my legs than some tights.

As it’s just the unmentionables getting chill blasted, I might have to look into the sock idea.

takisawa2

I run very early, (5am) & I just wouldnt warm up this time of year in shorts. I use the Karrimor ones, about £12 from Sports Direct.
    The Kalenji kit from Decathlon is very good. They do a thin lycra glove & skull cap that are good. Even as low as -8, as long as I’m covered its ok once your moving.

cchris2lou

ran to work this morning at 7 , and glad I wasnt in shorts .

really struggled to get warm , and could not increase the speed .

Neil-F
    Free Member

I use Ron Hill classic trackies, with the heel loop, and I stuff my errr….. “temperature gauge” 😐 into a freebie MBUK mobile phone sock. yes, seriously…..
    I should say that I tend not to ever run in the daylight at this time of year though, its always dark. 😀

emsz
    Free Member

shorts!! no way!!

head band, tights, gloves, vest, base layer, heavy base layer, jacket.

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

emsz if I wore that I’d die of heat exhaustion.

If it’s below freezing I wear a long sleeved tech tshirt and tights. I’ve run in -8 or so and had to take my hat and gloves off.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I have really nice sugoi ones with a windproof front.. or sugio?? I always get that mixed up. I’ve used them in -20 and i wasn’t cold, depends what conditions you run in i suppose.

Travis

Nike ones for me, and shorts over the top. Well, it was -9c + wind on top when I went for run this morning.
    Nothing worse than having a freezing willy to pee from when your back from the run. – except burning feet in the shower.

smogmonster

I gotta say, whenever i see anyone out riding or running in shorts at this time of year i cant help but think ‘tosser’. You just look like someone desperate to prove how hard you are.

Jamie
    Free Member

I gotta say, whenever i see anyone out riding or running in shorts at this time of year i cant help but think ‘tosser’. You just look like someone desperate to prove how hard you are.

I can assure you, the one thing I do not look like in shorts in -2, is hard.

Anyway. Nice attitude.

smogmonster

hmm, yeah it does seem a bit harsh doesnt it…bad morning, apologies if it causes offence. Wear tights, youll be warmer.

Jamie
    Free Member

No worries.

I actually have some Altura Winter Cruisers I might give a spin later. I think I got them in the first place as they could be used for running and on the bike.

phil.w
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    The serious question is pants that don’t go up your bum!! LOL

finbar
    Free Member

I have really nice sugoi ones with a windproof front.. or sugio?? I always get that mixed up.

Sugoi. It means “awesome” in Japanese. Really.

mustard
    Free Member

The serious question is pants that don’t go up your bum

Comando.

My knees get upset and start hurt if I run in shorts at this time of year.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Both pairs of my tights were unwashed in the bottom of washing machine with 15 min to go before the club run started, so i went in shorts last night. I got some ribbing but generally it wasnt to cold once we got going, But it was only an hour around town and we were shifting along!
    Both pairs are addidas climacool.
    Tried skins once but they felt a bit baggy even going down to small when they recommend medium for my size. The addidas were a 1/3 of the price so i bought them and some compression socks to wear underneath them.

josemctavish
    Free Member

I’d always just gone with shorts, but gave some Salomon running tights a go when running in the hills this year. I find my knees feel a lot better for the extra warmth with the temperature below zero and the wind blowing!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My knees would seize up running in shorts at this time of year! Aldi’s finest for me. Very impressed. I’ve not worn Tracksters since the “old days” of mountain biking: Tracksters, big fleecy jumper, walking boots/scruffy trainers and not a care for what I looked like 😆

soobalias
    Free Member

i still cant believe people wear a sock down their tights.

for warmth and not to just bulk up.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Emsz, have you tried sports specific underwear? I’ve got pants from sweaty betty that don’t have any seams which i use for running. They don’t ride up at all but i do have a bum which probably helps.

I used to wear shorts to run in all the time, even in the snow. Then I discovered lyrca longs and love them to bits. I’m actually quite disappointed when it gets too hot for my 3/4s.

Jamie
    Free Member

…..but i do have a bum which probably helps

I think most people do…erm…don’t they?

emsz
    Free Member

mustard, theres NO way im running with no pants!!

thanks DGOAB, have you seen edgies? you can see them on the tightstightstights websites

same thing I think, no seams.

Pieface

I don’t understand why people don’t wear pants under their tights, stops you getting cold to have another layer down there. Wicking pants are cheap

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gotta say, I love my NIKE ones..

Lovely and warm at this time of year…

They are faily thick, but are warm eben if its wet..

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘What running tights?’ is closed to new replies.