Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • What recovery drink?
  • duckman

Are the STW massive using, pref powdered. Oh and Orkney Dark Island disnae count.

neil853
    Free Member

Frij FTW

CaptJon
    Free Member

/thread

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redx

For short rides I just have a drink of milk aferwards, but for longer rides/multiple days of riding I use SIS REGO.

I would say find one you like before shelling out on big tub of stuff, as someone recommended Torq as an alternative so bought a big tub of it only to find I thought it tasted disgusting so ended up giving it away…..

njee20
    Free Member

Frijj or High 5, used only if I’m doing hard training days back to back. Otherwise you get fat. IMO people overestimate their worth/the amount of exercise they’re doing!

trickydisco
    Free Member

do not get torq recovery. I bought a tub for training camp in majorca and it was vile! much prefer the for goodness shakes

ruscle
    Free Member

Look on myprotein website, they are considered the best. I use total protein.

njee20
    Free Member

do not get torq recovery. I bought a tub for training camp in majorca and it was vile!

I thought the Strawberries and Cream was alright.

trickydisco
    Free Member

mine was the orange chocolate.. Yuk!

skywalker
    Free Member

What Ruscle said

schmiken

Maxifuel Recovermax. Expensive, but worth it.

jonba
    Free Member

Chocolate Yazoo if I don’t have access to a fridge. Sainsburies fresh chocolate milk if I do. If the situation get’s desperate and there is no chocolate milk available then a glass of semi skimmed will do.

Powdered ones are too expensive for regular use and have some unpleasant side effects on me.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Chocolate milk for me too, only if its after a race or a hard training session. Lived on it post riding for a month touring last year, never once had sore legs the next day!

rewski
    Free Member

torq choc orange = yuk
    torq strwbs & cream = yum
    sis nocte = zzzzzzzzzzzzz

BenjiM

Nesquik powder and skimmed milk.

Bogg
    Free Member

Good recovery drink Allsports Nutrition’s Amino Load or better – Amino Load Advanced – I like the Blackcurrant (You need to drink within 20 mins of finishing a ride, or during it for best effect) – Their Winter Training Formula is also good to keep you fuelled during long rides. Buy online at allsports-int.co.uk

spoon
    Free Member

Zipvit recovery

Only because road.cc website said it was good and cycling weekly gave it 10/10

zipvit review
    cycling weekly

seems alright. Apparently its because it has colostrum in it… (from cows not breast feeding mothers). It has got quite a few calories per scoop though – either a good thing or a bad depending on if your trying to loose weight, but after a mega session I guess its better than scoffing a whole packed of fig rolls !

The strawberry is…. drinkable !

Can order it from wiggle as well which was probably the main reason over all the others as its free shipping abroad 🙂

barnsey
    Free Member

Stella artois cidre

soma_rich
    Free Member

or

njee20
    Free Member

Maxifuel Recovermax. Expensive, but worth it.

I disagree, was alright, but IMO no better than any of the alternatives. Used Cyclone for a while too, but again, didn’t really think it any better than the cheaper alternatives.

madhouse

SIS Rego. Works a treat, only used Vanilla and Strawberry and both taste like they’re supposed to.

Have heard good things about their Nocte product too so will be trying that out on my next multi-day ride.

Rod

The Torq recpvery stuff is really good (far nicer than SIS Rego IMO, which is actually really basic stuff but tastes nasty because of the soy protein used). One of the “extras” in the Torq recovery powder is HMB, which has quite a strong taste (pretty nasty on its own) – this is mostly masked by the flavours, but some people seem to be more sensitive to the aftertaste (hence the divided opinions!)

I would try a small tub of Torq recovery first and see if you like the flavours…

(BTW – the worst I’ve tasted was the Zipvit stuff with the cow’s colostrum in it… I nearly vomited!)

AndyP
    Free Member

SIS Rego.
    PAAAARRRRRPPPPP

(BTW – the worst I’ve tasted was the Zipvit stuff with the cow’s colostrum in it… I nearly vomited!)
    This. Truly grim.

CNP Pro Recovery is really nice,and 40% off for BC members.

xcneil
    Free Member

Without a doubt it has to be Torq recovery I’ve tried the rest and this is best strawberries & cream yum yum

schmiken

I disagree, was alright, but IMO no better than any of the alternatives. Used Cyclone for a while too, but again, didn’t really think it any better than the cheaper alternatives.

Having tried Torq, Hi5, SIS, Zipvit, Kinetiq and a few others I’ve always come back to Maxifuel. Works the best for me. YMMV.

P20

SIS Rego. I like the Vanilla, but Tasha prefers the chocolate. Much nicer if its been chilled.

chakaping
    Free Member

Choc yazoo or supermarket own brand choc milk.

Frijj? yuck!

frogstomp

Occasionally get some bottles of ‘For Goodness Shakes’.. yummy and can usually be got on special at one of the supermarkets…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Milk is supposed to he the best recovery drink, and I have noticed I don’t ache the next day and I’m less tired. I drink semi skimmed btw.

chakaping
    Free Member

Occasionally get some bottles of ‘For Goodness Shakes’.

Me too when I’m feeling posh. Not everyone likes the malty chocolate taste but I do.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘What recovery drink?’ is closed to new replies.