Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What portable pressure washer?
  • Lucas
    Free Member

We're getting a new car and the wife says bikes are not allowed inside if they are not clean. So I need a portable pressure washer. There are a few available now so what do people recommend?

It will mainly be used for washing bikes but may well get used in the future for dirty dogs, children and me so one with a variable pressure/spray would be good.

stumpy01

I'm pleased with my DirtWorker – have had it a few years now and it's been reliable. The gun has a twist nozzle to go from hard spray to mist.

I think they now do a battery powered one called the Nomad.

I bought a power adaptor for £15 from a camping shop (for a fridge) and that will power it no problem so it's quite useful for cleaning the bike in the garden as well.

z1ppy

Not 'really' tried any others but my dirtworks (original) is fine, but saying that my m8's Mobi seems on par with it. DW customer service is very good though.
    I do have a soft spot of DW, as IIRC the DW guy had the original idea and set himself up in business, brand-x/mobi just stole his idea and jumped on the bandwagon

Couple of thread about the subject:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/portable-pressure-washers

and no, pump up garden sprayers are no where near as good but are very cheap in comparison

skiprat
    Free Member

Have got a Dirtworker for sale if your interested? Only used it a couple of times and is in mint condition. Worked great when we used it, just i have a works van and the bikes just go straight in the back and washed of at home.

I'm nr sheffield if thats of any use to you. Let me know

jd-boy
    Free Member

Get a couple of those cheap light weight bike bags, put the bikes in them and clean them when you get home, if you wash the bikes the water will drip off them in the car

timmys

Dirtworker every time. The others may or may not be just as good but the customer service from DW is without equal.

Probably going to be using my Dirtworker today for the first time in ages – just had a look and my last wet ride was back on the 13th March!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What portable pressure washer?’ is closed to new replies.