Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • What makes you scared?
  • LostJohnny
    Free Member

These;

Irrational fear I know, but they know where I live, I just know it!

LJ. 😯

Terrydactyl

The sounds of a deer screaming (or something) when I’m out on a night ride along way from anywhere, I agree with the flat water thing also high structures like standing under a pylon looking up, also hieghts. While I’m at it intolerance, prejudice, war, anger, dying, cancer, my lad crossing the road.

Appart from the above I’m fearless………..

richc
    Free Member

only thing I can think of worse than being in that Kayak, would be if a loved one was in it.

bumley
    Free Member

Heights and spiders

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I’m another one of the folk scared of heights. I get the same urges to jump or push folk off. Trouble is I love climbing mountains.

On a bike its raised wooden stuff. It might be 3 foot wide and 1 foot high but it scares the bejaysus out of me – I guess the same as heights.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The only reason raised wooden stuff scares me is because usually it’s slippery as ice and it has sharp edges 😀

TimP
    Free Member

I discovered today that crows in a house are pretty scary. The Birds…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nothing, absolutely nothing…

Well..ok then, Tories

jonb
    Free Member

Heights,

Lorries tailgating me on my bike.

Doubles.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Small suspension bridges over big chasms, especially with people who know of my fear who make them bounce.

noteeth
    Free Member

Mental illness.

Nightshifts on understaffed wards.

“Feline girls.”

Bunnyhop

The dentist. Suffering from that gagging thing doesn’t help.

On the bike, really steep droppy off stuff (‘cos Me don’t do big air)

Some dogs- having been bitten 3 times now.

coffeeking
    Free Member

mcmoonter – hows about this…(slovenia)

You could easily fall over those ropes even when walking, on the bike it’s nerve wracking for sure!

I can say that having swum with basking sharks that were ~25ft+ long in the sea off the Devon coast, even though you KNOW they wont bite you still find it slightly concerning when they swim AT your head and brush past. Awesome creatures, amazing feeling and amazing priviledge though.

stumpy01

Not great at heights….
    Not great on steep, technical downwards facing bike stuff/jumps and all that malarky
    Not great with wasps – just flail my arms around and run in circles.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Coffeeking, that’s exactly the thing. Cowers behind sofa.

skibum517
    Free Member

Snowboarding: steeps that you can’t see the bottom of.
    Kiteboarding: getting wrapped up in my lines and kitelooped in high winds.
    Kayaking: getting tangled in a downed tree while submersed.
    Climbing: useing a handhold that has a rattlesnake in it.
    Biking: idiots in cars.
    Worst of all of these: not doing any of these because of fear!

Avocado
    Free Member

Worst of all of these: not doing any of these because of fear!

Right on man… Do you wear these?

skibum517
    Free Member

Avocado,
    Nice shirt!, I’m too old to attempt to be fashionable, what sets me appart in my circles is helmet, elbow and knee pads, butt pads, and lots of bandaids and bruises, but no worries, its all part of the price you pay to play!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

as someone up there sid, mental illness, the idea that my brai could be so far gone i could no onger communicate that i’m not in there anymo, but kowing my relatives would still be upset and careing for me. ot sure which is worse, them doig the riht thing and turnig me off, knowing that tey’d have to live with that knowlage. or doig the riht thing and keeing e allive, knowing that i’d never get bettr?

That and the split second between everythig goig wel and ievitable failure, where you reach tha peak and go yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……….
    Shortly before the bike does somethig you weren’t expeciing and it all end u in a horrible bloody mess o the floor. Seems to happen a lot less now im riding on flats thankfuly.

MrNutt
    Free Member

flying monkeys

FoxyChick
    Free Member

The sea and incoming tides…ever since a father and son I knew drowned in Morecambe Bay. Even though I’m a reasonably competent sailor I am terrified of the sea.

Mental illness…nolonger afraid…been there, done that, got the t-shirt!!!

tombird
    Free Member

KNEE PAIN!!!! ARHH

nickc

Mr Nutt; early exposure to Wizard of Oz?

billyboulders
    Free Member

Singletrackworld 😡

And frogs for some reason. (the amphibians, not our fellow europeans!)

joemarshall
    Free Member

I’ve been riding rollercoasters for work this week, which was interesting, as i’d never ridden a big coaster before and was a bit scared of them, but it turns out they aren’t scary at all, or at least the actual ride bit isn’t. The lifts are sometimes a little scary – particularly the one on saw at thorpe park which is vertical, and at the top the track goes 110 degrees over to point downwards, meaning that when you go over the top, you can’t see the track at all.

The actual whooshing around bit doesn’t really seem scary at all – i don’t seem to get that stomach going up feeling that i remember from being a kid on fairground rides. You get some great views from them too, which is an aspect i’d not considered before.

Personally, i’ve done way more scary things on bikes & unicycles off road, i was pretty suprised at just how unscary rollercoasters are.

Joe

sqweeeezzz
    Free Member

Politicians at all levels

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Death. As an athiest it scares the bejesus out of me.

slartybartfast
    Free Member

Baked Beans

Swiftacular
    Free Member

t.k.i.d. i get that with death. Just can’t get my head around the concept of “the end” I know there is nothing else after(imo). Normally you can think “what’s after?” but…nothing. I just try not to think about it, have a cup of tea and a lie down and it seems alright. With a bit of luck its a long way off.

Kiril
    Free Member

see that big yellow streak..

the one all of the way down my back…

loads of things scare me

but I’m comfortable with that knowledge

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘What makes you scared?’ is closed to new replies.