Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 4,417 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Euro
    Free Member

Such a variety of fine things. Great stuff.

I’m still making the last thing i made, but this is a part of it.

and this is for scale (i helped make the little guy about 6 years ago 😀 )

sharki
    Free Member

Sandwich

Just put the first coat on these.[/url]
    Wedding Cake by Hamster, on Flickr[/img]

I made the cake underneath too from Delia’s Christmas cake recipe. Marzipan also home made from the Christmas book by the N*****h chairman (well I am from Suffolk). Icing next which has to be set by 13 July which is the date my daughter gets married.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This little trailer for my recent skydive, ably assisted by iMovie
    [video]http://youtu.be/1b-Hb91RGeo[/video]

EDIT I’ve given in trying to get the YouTube clip to embed on my iPhone

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Try again. This is what I made recently

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjpfTMoCcTs[/video]

bencooper
    Free Member

A fixture to hold cranks for shortening.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Not just the cake, but also the hole in the cake…

timidwheeler

Cheers Footflaps. Looks like a plan.

CountZero

Just catching up with this thread, as I had nothing but intent to show. 😳
    I love ebygomm’s colour chart tablet cover, very nifty!
    Anyway, I’ve had this rather nice little bushcraft forged knife blade for ages, along with a block of yew, intending to put the two together in someway, a knife-like object being the intention. After visiting a knife show last Sunday, I picked up a brass bolster, and a block of stabilised spalted Beech, and thought I really ought to do something with them. A couple of fine evenings sat out on the patio, with a No.4 Record vice, a mini Surform, some coarse files, sandpaper and a cork block, I finished up with this:

A sheath is not going to be made by me, I’m getting a handmade generic sheath that I can water-form to fit, from Lois Orford. I don’t have the leatherworking skills to make a sheath robust enough to take a razor-sharp blade.
    Rather pleased with the result, first time I’ve attempted something like this.

samuri
    Free Member
    bencooper
    Free Member

It’s a thing for, you know, doing stuff.

Ambrose

Sharki wins- beautiful.

tymbian
    Free Member

Work in progress

BEFORE

ATM

bencooper
    Free Member

Waterfall paddling pool thing for the offspring to drown play in.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

CountZero, love the knife, Ive had this:-[/url]

sat on my bench since Feb. I never seem to have the time to start it.

Northwind

Maginot line

Noooooooooo!

tymbian
    Free Member

Northwind..where have all your mate’s gone? 😀

Northwind

Mates? I’m a 30-something year old making a sandcastle, what makes you think I have any mates? 😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s self explanatory.

CountZero

Lol’s at Northwind!
    JJ, nice blade, that. I was exactly the same, I really wasn’t quite sure how to get started, having just the blade, a lump of yew, and a disk of white plastic/bone. It wasn’t until I got the bolster and paper spacer, along with the spalted beech, that I felt the impetus to get going with it.
    It doesn’t help that I don’t really have a workshop space, so I epoxied the bolster, spacer and bone disk together, then drilled them through in the kitchen using a cheap suction vice, and filed the slot to fit the tang sitting watching the telly…
    I marked out the wood block and drilled a slot to fit using a series of spiked wood drills in the kitchen, then because of the fine weather, I could sit outside on the patio with my No.4 Record vice, and a Surform, files and sandpaper, and finished it off after letting the epoxy set overnight. Took, in total, about four or five hours, at a rough guess.
    I bought my bits from these people: http://www.english-handmade-knives.co.uk/
    I’d certainly recommend you get a block of stabilised wood, it’s pressure impregnated with resin, so it’s a doddle to shape with a mini Surform, and some cheap files from Wilco’s, and then sand smooth. It’s not going to wear, and it’s pretty much waterproof as well.
    It’s a shame to let a good blade like that languish, but it does take a catalyst to get started, and finally getting those bits together helped me.

Sandwich

Here it is ready for dismemberment by the staff at the wedding venue. It looked like a chainsaw had been used not a knife.

bencooper
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

£? Ben

bencooper
    Free Member

This one, he ordered the bike from Evans and I did the Rohloff conversion – but it’d be £2585 if you got it all from me (or ordered a M1L-X and sent it for conversion).

http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/folding-bikes/brompton/brompton-rohloff-kit/rohloff-brompton-order-form/ 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

£2585

!??!?!OMG!!!111

You could buy a….bike…. for that!

Is that a modified Ti rear triangle or your standard steel one?

bencooper
    Free Member

Modified titanium – no half measures here 😀

I can bend the titanium frame to take the Rohloff, just can’t weld on the disc or v-brake fittings.

Stoner
    Free Member

so are you cold setting the ti to increase the OLN then? Does it shorten the chainstay length much?

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, I have special jigs and formers to reset the rear triangle. The old way used to shorten it by about 5mm, so I had to make the chainstay bridge ding deeper.

But this was the first one I’ve made using a new former, and it produces a much smoother curve, and only seems to shorten the chainstay by 1mm at most – Marathon Plus tyres fitted without doing anything to the chainstay bridge.

swavis

I made this adaptor for bruneep 🙂

Adaptor by GavinBelton, on Flickr

bencooper
    Free Member

I made this adaptor for bruneep

And what does it make bruneep compatible with?

maccruiskeen

Windows vista 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hell of a Speedplay pedal setup there!

bencooper
    Free Member

Custom offroad recumbent 😀

Copper Metaphysic by Ben Cooper, on Flickr

Harry_the_Spider

That looks more dangerous than asking Bruce Willis if you can marry his daughter.

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s important to be comfy off-road 😉

tymbian
    Free Member

Following on from my previous post here is a ‘ finished for now ‘ pic. I have a summer-house to build on the left ( lower deckl ) and a new patio to lay in a few months..

BEFORE

AFTER

Keva
    Free Member

from this…

to this…

porter_jamie

more big lump

AlexSimon

Nice work Tymbian – looks properly under control that!

bencooper
    Free Member

A custom fatbike – Columbus Zona tubing to keep it light (ish) and 2Souls sliding dropouts for the Rohloff.

Thanks to a suggestion on Facebook, it’s now called the Wideo 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 4,417 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.