• This topic has 27 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What is the big bike bash????
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

As above

Whats it all about

SD

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Spamming the forum usually.

saladdodger
    Free Member

sorry but that is not much of an answer

julianwilson
    Free Member

Google it!

(it’s ace btw)

peteimpreza

Bikes

Beer

Bands

What else do you need to know that is not on the web site?

rOcKeTdOg

i went to the first one, it’s fun relaxed racing for bike riders and their families, lots of stuff to do, kids races and activities, real ale and live music and all the profits go to charity, there’s not a lot to dislike really

bikey
    Free Member

The Big Bike Bash is a chance for all the people who normally boast,brag or big themselves up on here to turn up to an absolutely brilliant biking event and make excuses as to why they cant ride due to injury or didnt bring there bike or are on the wrong tires or my favorite, they must have had a dodgy pint at the beer tent on Friday night and thats why they arn’t riding today!

One of the best events for bikers, organised by bikers in the country. There is something for everyone who rides bikes. Cross country race, night xc race, wheelie comp, track stand comp and the legendary lake jump comp on the Sunday.

If your not afaid to sweat abit and get your bike dirty then see you all there?

Matt

big_n_daft
    Free Member

What else do you need to know that is not on the web site?

insurance?

wwaswas

insurance?

yes, I was a bit surprised to find no insurance was in place – does seem like the organiser(s) opening themselves up to a whole world of litigation and personal bankruptcy if it does go pear shaped for someone.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Surely if you wob off on the circuit then it’s your own fault.? Call me old fashioned but if I was to go a pisser I would not be knocking on WCA’s door for compo.

Then again not having raced before I am not clued up on these things.

terrahawk
    Free Member

so what if someone crashes into a passing member of the public and they in turn decide to sue the organiser? perhaps they could argue that a marshal at that particular part of the course could have prevented the incident?

This is just an example of what can happen. Why anyone organising an event such as this and not bothering with insurance is beyond me. It’s not as though public liability insurance is expensive either.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

neil and bikey may i point you to the FWCC forums 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

This is what it was about last year:
    http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/dezb99/BBB2010/

NO INSURANCE? My god, the horror

wwaswas

it was a leg last time, this time it could be a kids face…

seriously, and as above, liability insurance isn’t that expensive and it’s not just people attending the event who may choose to get lawyers involved. My question would be ‘Why not?’, really?

julianwilson
    Free Member

my daughter got stung by a wasp the one before last, and then threw up in the hire car on the way home. Do I have a claim? 😉

alfabus
    Free Member

@wwawwas – socks and sandals? surely all insurance claims are invalidated by socks and sandals!

Dave

wwaswas

all insurance claims are invalidated by socks and sandals

sartorial liability insurance

It’s a ‘must have’ for summer cycling events 😉

Clink

This will be our third this year – the kids love it and that’s enough for me 😀

DezB
    Free Member

socks and sandals

Anyone who can name the wearer gets 1 free entry to the BULLHEART RAFFLE 🙂 (I’ll put the quid in)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

it was a leg last time, this time it could be a kids face…

Just out of interest what exactly would you claim for if it were a child.?

wwaswas

what exactly would you claim for if it were a child

no idea, but I’m not a personal injury lawyer on a mission.

and, tbh, the kids face was more of a well worn cliche than an actual example of what might be damaged by a chainring and result in an insurance claim.

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty stunned you’d have to explain that joke 🙂

big_n_daft
    Free Member

This is just an example of what can happen. Why anyone organising an event such as this and not bothering with insurance is beyond me. It’s not as though public liability insurance is expensive either.

agreed, it is also highly likely to a condition of the event licence issued by the local authority, then again he probably doesn’t bother with that either 😉

DezB
    Free Member

It’s all done on a “what’s the worst that can happen?” basis

luke
    Free Member

It’s all legit now, as far as I’m aware there was insurance last year
    But as already said bikes beer bands, a nice fun relaxed atmosphere.

jimmers
    Free Member

The insurance is provided by public liability insurance from UK Youth who own the grounds and the Avon Tyrrell site.

wwaswas

ah, it was just that WCA suggested in a previous thread that he hadn’t bothered with insurance – this may have been to fit in with his ‘what’s the worst that could happen/it’ll be ok’ persona but it did give an impression of approaching the event with slightly reckless abandon…

Muke
    Free Member

it was just that WCA suggested in a previous thread that he hadn’t bothered with insurance

I think that was for the first one, he sorted it for last year.

it’s a great weekend for all the family btw

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What is the big bike bash????’ is closed to new replies.