Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • What is the best chocolate ( bar) ever?
  • radoggair
    Free Member

Yeah, i'm addicted, i know .

was thinking i loved cadburys boost but then had some munchies tonight and they came into the frame. I'm confused!!

bruneep

well its confectionery, not chocolate.

soops
    Free Member

Topic!

i_am_JC
    Free Member

Crunchie

sweepy
    Free Member

Texan- A mans gotta chew what a mans gotta chew

Grimy
    Free Member

Its a close call but the gooey, chocolaty, biscuity goodness of a cadburys "Boost" just beats the penuty awsomeness of a Marathon, only because they decided to call it a snickers? 👿

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I've asked about this one before, to no avail. 1970's, about the size of a topic, dark chocolate with cherries and coconut? Buggered if I can remember the name.

smell_it
    Free Member

picnic! Looks a bit suspect, but lovely

sweepy
    Free Member

Barnsleymitch- I believe youre thinking of a Cabana bar

Jamie
    Free Member

Double decker.

jedi

toblerone

smell_it
    Free Member

Edit – Seconds sweepy

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooh, I remember Cabanas 😛 .

Gotta be another vote for Boost here.

Anyone remember Aztecs? Different wrapper than the one shown here though I'm sure. That page brings back some memories – my Nan always had a bar of 5 Boys for me when I visited 😀 .

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Sweepy – it's just taken me about ten minutes to google that, but thanks all the same. Mmmm cabana bar…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

And fry's 5 centres – one of them, a copy of whizzer and chips and my old Raleigh chopper back please!

sweepy
    Free Member

And my favourite still avaliable, the curly wurly.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Bar six were always the last ones left festering in your selection box. Texan's were always too much like hard work. Does anybody remember a chocolate bar about the size of a large fruit and nut, but it had loads of different centres, like a box of chocolates but all joined together? Please tell me it existed, I'm beginning to think it was all just a lovely dream :mrgreen:

woodsman
    Free Member

Coffee Walnut Whip, it ain't a bar though, more of a turd like cone, in dimension! Glad they don't make 'em anymore, my teeth couldn't handle all that sugary goo!

I don't really eat that sort of food as an adult, but I had a Mars the other month, I used to like Topic too, and Golden Cup as a kid (the little oval bars)!

woodsman
    Free Member

That did exist barnsley, I think it was a Milk Tray bar or similar?

Loved those too!

sweepy
    Free Member

Coffee walnut whip! they were like crack for me back in the day 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'll see your golden cup woodsman, and raise you an old jamaica!

Philby

Caramac bar

mamadirt
    Free Member

Just remembered Grand Seville too . . . . mmmmmmmm 😛 Green and orange wrapper iirc.

woodsman
    Free Member

I remember those too barnsley, my Mum used to treat herself to one of those now and then – I acquired the taste too!

Those little Golden Cup bars, in foil were my fave though!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Anyway, I'm off to bed now, to dream of the 1970's and how I binged my way to enormous dental bills. Top thread, and a breath of fresh air after the one down there about kiddy fiddling. Night all 😉

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member
    colnagokid

barnsleymitch I remember them bars, a frys something or other if my memory serves
    My faves, twix( could be argued that its a biscuit), boost, chunky kitkat

colnagokid

Anyone remember the white chocolate bars with a 'swirll' of flavour in them?Strawberry etc. A few different flavours, just a small bar, what where they called?

dr_death
    Free Member

Coconut boosts, in the orange wrapper. MMMmmMMMmm

Bez

Maverick.

Although they'll all be a bit past their best-before dates now.

stuey
    Free Member

Star Bar
    or
    Texan ?

matthewjb
    Free Member

My first instinct is to say Texan. Although I suspect if I had one now I would be a little underwhelmed.

Second choice: Double Decker.

Both my choices seem low on chocolate and high in goo. Neither seem particularly healthy.

montylikesbeer

fry's turkish delight hmmmmmmm

votchy
    Free Member

Wispa Gold

yunki
    Free Member

the crossbar on my 456 (crossbar being the olde word for top tube)

coconut boost or coffe walnut whip without a doubt

KT1973
    Free Member

It isn't chocolate, but I used to like WHAM bars. Sometimes you would pull it out to stretch it from your teeth but your arms weren't long enough

theotherjonv

there are times when I hanker after much of this exotica, but for a fulfilling bar that won't let you down, you can't beat Fruit and Nut.

johnners
    Free Member

Cadbury's Fuse. Solid and lovely.

thepurist

johners +1 – maybe those nice people at Kraft will resurrect them… (with special delivery by flying pig)

FuzzyWuzzy

curly wurly as long as it's not cold and rock hard

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What is the best chocolate ( bar) ever?’ is closed to new replies.