Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • What have you seen today that made you think WTF?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

I saw some middle aged volvo driver, driving his car with a labrador on his lap whilst talking on his mobile. This was in Edinburgh outside the old Bonnington school at 11:20.

I suppose he was driving without due care and attention and it wasnt dangerous in anyway shape or form…

nedrapier

I’ve been listening to a lot of this recently. Highly recommended.

footflaps

I’d say about 2/3 of the commuters I see in their cars on my cycle to work are on the phone, although I don’t see many dogs on laps, mainly on passenger seats….

brakes
    Free Member

baby robin?

banks
    Free Member

Double pinch flats then ripping a massive hole in my tyre 👿

cheese@4p

Two down and outs sleeping in the library doorway about 8pm this evening put my so called problems into perspective

wrightyson
    Free Member

Finally repairing some gutter and wondering in disbelief how snow had bent the rise and fall brackets so badly!

Pook

The randomness my HP laptop is coming up with. Body keyboard gremlin

benji
    Free Member

If you ever get to see petrol forecourts over a long period of time, some of things people do really do make you wonder. One of my personal favourites was the guy topping up his oil, by pouring it down the dipstick tube, why because he had broken the filler cap, not recently but a couple of years ago. That’s without the people keeping dogs in push along shopping trolleys (the tartan variety) taking them out to walk them, then putting them back in the shopping trolleys.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

My neighbour carrying a mouse down the road.

loddrik
    Free Member

Riding from Liverpool to Formby today and got caught in a serious prolonged downpour. Don’t mind a good soaking but saw quite a few ‘road’ cyclists huddling under bridges, I did think WTF!!!?

nickewen
    Free Member

Middle lane hogger… on her iPad!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Parking.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

A baby with pierced ears and studs. 😐

d45yth
    Free Member

The wooden fascia board I got today…it’s barely fit for kindling, let alone for putting on the front of my house. It will be going back first thing tomorrow! 😡

bikebouy
    Free Member

Overtaking in the fast lane on the A3 through Steep/Liss in appalling downpoor doing at least 90….

1 white Audi A3 and a white Merc Conv bumper to bumper… 😯

Mike-E

Last week I saw a dozen magpies all in the same tree at the same time. WTF?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If you ever get to see petrol forecourts over a long period of time, some of things people do really do make you wonder. One of my personal favourites was the guy topping up his oil, by pouring it down the dipstick tube

Had the same thing in the 80’s with a lass in a little Fiat on my forecourt. Or the woman who pulled into the garage while her car was on fire. Or the woman who’d driven 4 miles on a flat tyre but ‘only thought the wheel was loose’. Or the 2 women who asked if they were on the right road to Scarborough ( i’m in Durham, they’d driven from Harrogate. Check the map)
    The list is endless.

Garry_Lager

I realised this evening that I’d being riding my whippet for 6 months with the brakes the ‘wrong’ , or US, way around. The avid lever is symmetrical and I must have swapped them when I changed the bars a while back.
    Only realised as I was trying to fit a longer stem and cursing that the rear brake hose wasn’t long enough 😳

cfinnimore
    Free Member

The boy in Edinburgh who pavement-rides a Pitch to work in a Full Face, every day.

Ken there’s some “hardcore urban” to be had in Auld Reekie but the rest of us manage in Features & Receptors.

carlos
    Free Member

Raining that hard in Macc today that I even considered sacking off riding, even had hail mixed in with it.

BUT I mtfu and went out anyway and had an Awesome ride round Bakewell.

martinxyz
    Free Member

An alaskan malamute out of the corner of my eye once I reached the top of a hill.. I had earphones in and never heard anyone. Just turned to see a ‘wolf’ beside me. Heart stopped! So that was my wtf moment.

DezB
    Free Member

Drove out of my road and a peacock jumped down off a neighbour’s fence and ran along the road in front of my car. “Beep Beep”. Me and my boy felt like Wylie Coyote.

Tom83

That devinchi frame thread…

loddrik
    Free Member

Someone locks up a new giant trance (well specced) outside my wife’s office, in Liverpool city centre.

Asking for trouble…

flyingmonkeycorps

There’s a lad I sometimes see on my commute that rides a sustrans type trail (old railway) for about 15 miles into town, the opposite way to me, who wears full knee / shin guards. Now far be it from me to judge him for the protection he deems appropriate – I wear a helmet, but a lot of folks don’t. Horses for courses.

What was a bit odd was when I saw him riding home wearing only one of his knee / shin pads…

molgrips
    Free Member

The thread about restorative justice today 😯

MoreCashThanDash

The negativity on the thread I put up last night about the Donnington Cycle Night…. 🙄

samuri
    Free Member

Jens Voigt tweeting that he’s scared of a frog.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I saw some Irish folk drinking in a regular run of the mill local boozer.

loddrik
    Free Member

Wtf!!?

Darcy is still struggling with the whole humour thing. Someone help him out, please, he’s floundering over there…

LoCo
    Free Member

A Plasma cutter being used for cutting out patches for the back of my van, like magic 😀

Drac

Someone asking on a forum is they should wear a jumper or not.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darcy is still struggling with the whole humour thing. Someone help him out, please, he’s floundering over there…

😆

Genuine WTF there. (my other one was only made up…as a joke like…)

acehtn
    Free Member

Got stuck behind a snow plough that was gritting the road this morning, and not early, about 11’ish ?

Council must know something that wasn’t on the weather report, time to dig out the snow chains just in case 🙂

richmtb

Well I went for a night ride up Cathkin Braes last night.

Lots of WTF moments when I got back to the car park 😯

dazh

Not today, but one morning last week on my commute, there was an Audi waiting at the lights, revving it’s engine, with the Top Gear theme tune blasting out of the open window.

GrahamS

All of this odd bike stuff (some of which I quite like!):

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1nBPl83e6g[/video]

Coyote
    Free Member

Well I went for a night ride up Cathkin Braes

Is she a regular poster on here? She won’t thank you for making that public!

schnor
    Free Member

A bottle full of urine on the side of the road between minera and worlds end this morning. You’re in the middle of nowhere, why not just wazz into the bracken / heather in the many layby’s instead of going to the effort of doing it in a bottle then chucking it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘What have you seen today that made you think WTF?’ is closed to new replies.