Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What GPS for HTC Hero
  • ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

What free or otherwise gps software is good for the hero. I'm looking for both a sports tracker and possibly a car (talking) gps.

Cheers

Chris

hopster
    Free Member

GPS tracker

Wait for Google to launch turn by turn in the country its free.

spacemonkey

CoPilot is a "proper" GPS for use in the car. Look around for reviews though, because I think it relies on a solid 2g/3g signal for updating the map as you travel – not very good if you're out in the sticks.

SportsTrackers and MyTracks are both good for recording your MBTing/running routes – can upload to google too.

spacemonkey

And I think Android 2.0 ships with a decent car-flavoured GPS. Have seen the demo and it looks decent enough.

orena45

I use My Tracks for bike (commuting) GPSing which is good for recording routes and stats.

I use CoPilot Live for sat nav. All the mapping is downloaded and saved on the SD card so there are no issues as to whether you have signal or not. It's not bad to be honest – well polished, plenty of options. Not quite as good as Tomtom but so much cheaper and well worth the money.

Google navigation is coming soon allegedly but that will require network connection.

Karl33to
    Free Member

G1 here.

For Route tracking, MyTracks is the one I keep coming back to, have also tried CardioTrainer which is pretty good – but probably better suited to running, there's also a new app called Maverick – which I think you can also use to follow waymarked routes and even use cached maps, but havent had chance to test it out yet.

As for the car navigation, I think co-pilot live is supposed to be the best, not tried it though. I've heard the google navigation won't be coming to the UK in the 2.0 release, or in the very near future, something to do with the licensing of the maps and the peeps over at Tom Tom, but we will be getting multi-touch in it's place.
    Having said that though, there is apparently a hack that can be done to unlock the navigation feature, just google it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What GPS for HTC Hero’ is closed to new replies.