Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • What gigs have you all got coming up?
  • yamyamblade
    Free Member

Just curious at what gigs the masses of STW are attending as I have just looked at booking our traditional pre christmas Pogues gig and tickets are £30, either i'm getting tight in my old age or gigs seem to have shot up recently!!

Gigs lined up are Paul Heaton at the Leadmill, a-Ha at the Royal Albert Hall for the Mrs birthday honestly and a local Sheffield band called Section 60 and that's it for me at the moment

rOcKeTdOg

SHow of hands tonight! Can't wait

yoshimi

The Coral in scouse land

DezB
    Free Member

Loads in the next 2 months, rather different to yours though, yyb 🙂

Sage Francis in a couple of weeks, !!! and Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip at the end of the month, MGMT, Doom, You Say Party!… I think that's it. Gonna be a good winter 🙂

Lifer
    Free Member

Scroobius Pip is great live, have a good one!

IHN

Bestival this weekend

momo

Alexisonfire at Rock City in November

verses

Saw Eels at Brixton Academy last week.
    Off to see Muse at Wembley Stadium this weekend (MrsV likes them).
    Then going to see Therapy? play the whole of Troublegum at the Forum in November.

Yay…

disco_stu
    Free Member

in no particular order
    bj cole and icebreaker performing brian eno's appollo
    Heaven 17
    Supersonic Festival feat napalm death, godflesh and the fella from neu!

kevin1911

Wilco and Drive-By Truckers for me in the next few months.

Agree about the extortionate cost of tickets these days. A result of people downloading music for free I reckon.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

John Bishop (comedian) in Liverpool in December.

Albanach
    Free Member

Mumford and Sons 1st October Glasgow (£44 for 2 tickets). Xavier Rudd later in the year in Dublin.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bestival so leaving the island for the weekend!
    Motorhead in Southampton in november, possibly. £26!!! Its been a while since i bought a ticket, but that seems pricy tho.

the-muffin-man

Biffy Clyro at Nottingham Arena in November.

Looking forward to it, haven't been to a gig for over 3 years!

hp_source

Until Xmas:

Monster Jam (Monster trucks)
    Barenaked Ladies
    Skunk Anansie
    Jimmy Carr
    Jason Manford
    Linkin Park
    James

8)

ChrisL

Wilco next week, MGMT the week after. Later in the year I may go see Skunk Anansie, Jimmy Eat World and/or Frank Turner.

The last couple of years do seem to have seen gig ticket prices shoot up, but then again cinema tickey prices seem to be shooting up too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Guns n Roses next month and Motorhead (if I get around to buying tickets) later in the year.

Alcopop
    Free Member

The Vaselines later this month
    and The Fence records halloween party at ehhh halloween

glenp
    Free Member

If anyone likes bluegrass, Crooked Still are in UK in October. Great band – vocal very like Alison Krauss. I'm going to a church in Petersfield, which is nice and obscure, but they're def playing Bush Hall, Sheperd's Bush too.

sputnik
    Free Member

Drive By Truckers here as well, in November.

verses

mastiles_fanylion – Member

Guns n Roses next month+1hour and Motorhead (if I get around to buying tickets) later in the year.

Fixed 😉

Atomizer

Ufomammut in October and Shrinebuilder in December. My ears my ears!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

well 58 minutes anyway 🙂

norbert-colon

Fyffffffffffe Dangerfield (not sure on him but the missus wanted to see him)
    Feeder
    Heaven 17

diggers
    Free Member

In Manchester:

Trente Moeller
    Underworld
    Leftfield
    Arcade Fire

Dreadzone (Kendal)

deadpet
    Free Member

Off to see King Blues in Leeds, (Nov 13) – for the bargain price of £10!
    I can't understand the ridiculous prices some of the bigger bands now charge – total rip off.

robdob
    Free Member

My wife just bought me tickets to see Less Than Jake in Leeds in November. Sweet! First gig in 12/13yrs? I think they were only about £16 which seemed cheap compared to a lot of bands. I did once buy a ticket to see Greenday about 10 years ago and it was £12 but the tour was cancelled. Time passed, they disappeared up their own bottoms and charged £80 for a ticket at the Milton Keynes bowl. No thanks.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I paid £3.75 for my first ticket – Iron Maiden on the Beast on the Road tour at Bradford St George's Hall.

:-O

plumber
    Free Member

Europe next year

£3.50 for Bon Jovi on 7800F tour back in't day

DezB
    Free Member

£3.50 for Bon Jovi

that's £3.50 too much 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I saw Big Jobi supporting Kiss and I only paid £4.25 for them both.

And I was at the front so I got to spit at that smug-looking guitarist they had back then.

(I was young)

warton
    Free Member

I am Kloot, 1st of October in Newcastle. been my favorite band of the last 7 or 8 years, so pleased to see them finally getting the recognition they deserve with a mercury nomination.

although, I paid 35 quid for two tickets. they're going for 70 quid each now on viagogo… I'm going to keep an eye on it, may sell.

wee-al
    Free Member

Dez B, good gigs mate, I'm hoping to see Doom in Glasgow if i'm home (and if it's him that turns up). I'd love to see sage Frnces as well. Caught Themselves (also on Anticon) in Edinburgh last month, quality gig.

nickc

Everything Everthing in October. Blood Red Shoes in November. Nothing else planned yet.

DezB
    Free Member

Caught Themselves (also on Anticon) in Edinburgh last month

Oh yes – I happened to be in London on a course when they played last year. Tiny little club, utterly brilliant. Dose One, what a genius!

Doom gig is in Brighton – can't believe it hasn't sold out.

wee-al
    Free Member

It's getting to the stage where "indy" hip hop gigs are the only ones i can go to now, as i'm getting too intolerant of pissed up idiots ruining everything!

"if your favourite rapper raps slow, it's 'cause he can't rap fast" Dose One

manitou
    Free Member

jam session at charlotte street blues tomorrow then matt schofield an simon mcbride a bit later in the year

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Never been to one yet. I shall make the effort next year though.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

F**ked Up/Against Me – Southampton

Les Savy Fav – Brighton

lister

The Charlatans in Brum at the end of October, can't wait, with support from Shaun Ryder!
    If he's good then it'll be a treat, but he may just mumble for half an hour…
    Jealous of the Therapy Troublegum gig! Still my favourite pre-ride album…the first 25 minutes is nonstop and amazing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What gigs have you all got coming up?’ is closed to new replies.